Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thursday on the Mountain / October 21

Evening Update:

I've had Lanny up several times today walking around. He has to walk at least 10 minutes every two hours... the first time he tried without the oxygen but his O2 went down to below 80 real quick. With the oxygen it stays high (in the 90's) and he still gets some exercise.



The blood sugar remains high so the doctor is raising his insulin a bit. We will see how that works. At least it is below 500... just now he took it and it's 401...we injected another 10 units and will go to 30 units per day until it goes below 200. 
He is feeling pretty good.

The puppies love it when we spend a lot of time on the couch :-)
I am still a bit weak myself, so it's nice to rest...


I made us some grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips for supper..
I know they are yummy but I still can't taste :-( 
Lanny never lost his sense of taste and said they were indeed delicious!

Max is glad he gets one more night on Daddy's comfy new hospital bed...

Dad will be discharged tomorrow morning...
I know he is ready to come home. He doesn't even need the oxygen...
He is breathing free air and can use the oxygen only if he feels the need.

God is so very good!!! Lanny was in hospital for 6 days, Dad will end up with 10. So many that we know spent much more time there. We are so thankful.

Thank you ALL for your prayers...

*****

Quiet Time...

“Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23:6
*****

Lanny still cannot go without the oxygen for more than a few minutes, but his blood sugar is 351 (going in the right direction!), his blood pressure is perfect and he says he feels fine... continue to pray that very soon he can breath on his own the free air.

I will update on Dad as soon as his doctor calls this morning.
His bed is all set up, made, and ready to go. 
I laid in it and it is VERY comfortable. He should be pleased :-)

Thank you for all your prayers.
God is good... all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...