Monday, November 8, 2021

Monday on the Mountain, November 8

Quiet Time...

“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬  

*****

From last night...our crazy, ice cream lovin' cat!
We had an ice cream sandwich and he absolutely MUST have a bite!



*****
Definitely fall temperatures...


Dad was getting up when I got up so I took him his coffee and donut. In a few minutes he hollered and said he was starving and needed another donut :-)

The motion monitor showed that he was in the bed several times but didn't stay very long... the pressure sores on his back side would heal quicker if he didn't sit quite so much, but he does what he does...

Max doesn't go out as much in cold weather so he is inside when we sit down for Quiet Time... he loves sitting in his Daddy's lap :-)




The time change means that it's light earlier in the morning...at least according to the clock! I fed the Fur Kids and headed out at sunup.

Fall colors...



I miss my two hens... :-(



Dad laid down for an hour or so and when he got up he was "starving" and had to have something to eat. Every time he lays down he thinks its breakfast time when he gets up. I'm going to have to figure out a way to feed him without him gaining too much weight. He has enough trouble walking and moving in the bed without added weight....

I cooked a chicken in the InstantPot for meat and for perpetual broth.
Made a Jello, Fruit and Mini Marshmallow Dessert for tonight... Dad likes jello...
Made Roast Beef Sandwiches for lunch (I ate peanut butter and jelly myself :-) ).

I'm keeping an eye out for hawks and listening for the roosters warning call...

Lanny worked on the big Toro Lawnmower. It has a broken blade...



He also made a run to the dump and picked up gas for all the equipment. He is definitely feeling better but still has to pace himself. 

For supper we had Creamed Chicken and Egg Noodles, Peas and Carrots, Salad (lettuce from my garden!)  and Garlic Toast... and Jello Dessert.



Dishes are done, the back yard is picked up, the chicks and ducks are in bed - reluctantly. I chased those chickens all over the yard. I am not sure why they didn't want to go in. They usually do. I wonder if it is because of the trauma of losing two of their sisters this week :-(

Tonight is the forth Jurassic Park. The last two are the newer ones...I really like them!!

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams.

God bless America
and
thank you all for your prayers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday on Walden's Mountain... July 4

Quiet Time...  🕊️🐑 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be abl...