Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sunday on the Farm, November 7th

Quiet Time...

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:105‬

*****


Dad was up and ready for some coffee and a donut... 
and a few other early morning rituals...

Then we spent some Quiet Time together...


I fed the fur kids...Max stayed home last night :-)
then headed out at sunup to release my feathered prisoners...



It was a bit chilly...they weren't all that thrilled to get up!



First hard frost/freeze...the elephant ear and sage are done for the season...


These three are waiting for me to sit back down...


Made some Cranberry and Orange Quick Bread...


And browned a roast for the InstantPot for todays dinner...


Lanny went to service today - he is back at work. I am going to hang around here for another week or two until Dad gets a little more independent. Then Paula may be able to just run in and out and check on them instead of just sit here while I am gone...

We had Roast, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Crescent Rolls and Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread for Dessert...



And Lanny and I sat down for a cool Sunday afternoon Siesta...


Maggie and Murphy making up after a little disagreement...


So, I went out to fill all the water buckets and ponds with fresh water and I am missing two chickens...and there are feathers all over. They have been molting so there are LOTS of feathers all over, but these were in little tell tale piles...I think I have a hawk. I am pretty sure that is what took Dolly Duck and now two of my girls...I am not sure how we will remedy this situation...my feathered friends are free range...I may have to sit out there with a sling shot!

***

I made Roast Beef Sandwiches for Mom, Dad and Lanny (I was still full from Dinner!).
Lanny picked up the puppy piles and I put my remaining chickens and ducks to bed :-)

We will watch the third Jurassic Park tonight.

Things are not back to the way they were before Covid, but I think they are settling down. Dad needs a lot of help but everyday he gets a bit stronger. He can move from the bed to his chair with no assistance, and needs only a little help going to the bathroom. He is very uncomfortable with pressure sores from sitting...they are very hard to treat...pray for him.

Thank you all for your prayers...
Goodnight...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... July 2

Quiet Time...  🍒🍎 “Will You not Yourself revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your lovingkindness, O Lord, and gr...