Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday on the Hill, November 6

Quiet Time...

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." 

Matthew 24:35

*****
Last night's ice cream maniac...
Max is an ice cream addict!

*****
Dad was up when I got up at 4...as usual. But I looked at the motion captures for the night and it looks like he was in the bed for 4 hours or so...better than usual. I gave him coffee (in his new spill proof cup...which he says he likes) and his donut and headed for the couch for our quiet time.
Lanny didn't get up until 5:30 so I had a few minutes of really quiet time :-)
Then when he got up we had the entire pack of pups...no Max. More on that later...

Max didn't come home when I called him for breakfast. I fed the pups and sat his plate aside. He never misses breakfast so I was pretty worried about him. Then I looked at my pet cams from last night and found this... looked like a bobcat to me. We have a visit from the pretty regular...


I let the chicks and ducks out as usual and kept calling for Max...



I kept calling and all of us were pretty worried as it got later in the morning...
THEN it occurred to me that he occasionally visits Rob and Molly to cuddle with them on cold nights. Rob's band played very late last night so they slept in and Max slept right in with them. I texted him to see if Max was there and sure enough...he was. I told Rob to send him right HOME!
He was hungry...

I made egg sandwiches for us for lunch. And Mom and Dad had their audience. They know that Lanny and I will NOT feed them from the table so they go where they know their chances are better :-)


Lanny and I took a little siesta before AND after lunch...it's a siesta kind of day. And I still haven't caught up with my sleep. I am not sure that one ever really does catch up...



Murphy moved up to lay by my head...or rather, where I wanted to put my head. :-)


Lanny worked a bit more on the floors and then went out to do some mowing. I am sure he has had severe withdrawal pains...he LOVES to mow with those big mowers!

I have already set my clocks back...I always do that on the Saturday before time change so we are used to it by the evening. SO, today our lunch AND our dinner seem late..as the cute little dog meme's say, 
"I don't care what the clock says...I'm HUNGRY!"

So we had supper a little later than our tummy's wanted - it'll take a few days to sync up...
Baked Cod, Spinach, Macaroni and Cheese and Garlic Toast...Pudding for Dessert...



The dishes are done, the yard is cleaned up, the chicks and ducks are in for the night and we are settling in for the second Jurassic Park...

I think I might be able to taste popcorn tonight...my taster and smeller haven't worked for weeks but I am beginning to sense a few smells and tastes. Hasn't stopped me from eating, that's for sure :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
We love and appreciate you all and thank you for your continued prayers.
My two fellas are mending well... God is so very good!!

God bless us, Every One!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... June 30

Quiet Time...  🌿🌺 “For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a fut...