Friday, December 17, 2021

Friday on the Farm... December 17

Quiet Time...

“Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:32

*****
Up and At 'Em!
Dad was already up so I took care of him and then settled down on the couch with my crew...


Lanny always sleeps a bit longer than me...not everyone in this house is crazy...just me and Dad! :-)


After feeding the dogs and kitty and doing a few chores around the house I headed out at sunrise to my dwindling flock...I say that sadly...not long after I went back inside we had another murder. Not from the air. We now think it must be a fox or a bobcat. SO, our game plan has changed. We will build an enclosed run for them along the fence here beside the house. I will NOT let a wild critter thwart my plans again!
This time it took our drake... I have the chickens up safe in their coop and will try to get the ducks in there today. They are out in the drive still, but we are hoping that the usual modus operandi of one attack per day will hold true til I can get them in. They won't like being cooped up with the chickens (or vice versa) but it is what it is!



At 8:30 Mom, Paula and I headed down the hill for our hair cut adventure. We went to Salon 327 and had a great experience...lots of laughter, fun and good cuts to boot.

Mine was the hardest so I went first... LOTS of hair...


No one took my picture there so I took this when I got home...
all gone!


Mom went next...she has the prettiest hair!!




Her hair mixed with mine...


Then Paula... she only wanted a trim...




We picked up Tacos and Burritos to take home for lunch, and afterwards we rested for a few minutes...


For supper we had Pinto Beans, Fried Taters, Spinach, Cornbread and Butterscotch Pudding!!!



And a special public service announcement...
when you have grease/oil in the pan after frying stuff, just throw in a bit of oatmeal and soak it up. Then, the next day throw it out to the chickens, ducks or wild birds. Easy clean up, no grease down the sink, and a great snack for the wild birds!!


Tonight is Muppet Christmas Carol...we will watch several versions of Christmas Carol over the next couple weeks...they nearly all make me cry :-)

Last night we started the season with our very favorite Christmas Movie... 
Nativity Story.

Good night Dear Friends and Family...
we love you all SO much...
God bless us Every One :-)

Sweet Dreams...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...