Saturday, January 29, 2022

Saturday in the Hills... January 29

Quiet Times...

“By this we know love, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:16‬

*****
Watching "The Dawn Treader" (at least the first half) last night with the Lewis Pack...


Even Max!


Went to bed at 8 and then got up for Mom's 12:30 infusion...


It was snowing! Gorgeous!!


Got up for the day at 3:45 and Dad was still in the bed...
I got his meds and other goodies ready and settled in to get started on 
"Quiet Time" :-)




Dad got up around 5 and I took care of him...
gave him his coffee and a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit.
I am going to start making my own and freeze them. 
These Jimmy Dean things are expensive!!!

Maggie LOVES sitting in front of the fire...


Made our bed at 6 and fed the fur kids...
decanted the Sparkley and the Milk Kefir...


Max was supervising as I emptied the dishwasher...
I think he can still smell the salmon from last night... YUM!


Murphy LOVES the fire too!!


Got Mom all situated for her 6:30 infusion. She stayed in the bed this morning and relaxed for the 30 minute procedure... so far no ill side effects and she feels better as the time goes on. 

*****
Headed out at daybreak to brave the cold and release the fowl!
They didn't seem to mind the weather...


Duck egg IN the duck house...
Clever girl!


Snacking on their new high protein scratch grain!


COLD sky!!



The ducks enjoy the chicken coop...


Fed my crew Waffles and Sausage for 8 o'clock Second Breakfast...

I cooked up some chicken thighs for meat and broth and piddled around in the house... sorted a few things here and there...

And then for lunch I warmed up the Salmon Patties and made sandwiches using Hamburger Buns... Quite YUMMY!!!


Lanny and I rested a bit until Mom's next infusion at 12:30...
Maggie really gets involved in afternoon Siesta! :-)


I packaged up chicken meat and 4 x 16 ounce broth containers... just the right size for a gravy or recipe addition...  I only cooked up a dozen thighs...

We had Chicken Thighs, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans and Carrots
and Apple Sauce for Dessert...



I'm showered and in my Jammies and Lanny is showering and getting into his...
the yard is picked up, the chicks and ducks are in bed
and we are ready to watch the second half of Dawn Treader...

I'll infuse Mom at 6:30 and we will be in bed by 8 for another go-round...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless ...
and
Sweet Dreams...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... May 13

  🌳🍃 “For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even ...