Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thursday on the Farm... January 6

 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭60:1‬

*****
Dad wasn't up this morning...


So I got all his stuff ready (except the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit...
I have to heat that) 
and I settled down to at least start my Study Time...


He did get up about 5 so I took care of him and settled back in for another hour...
This is a calendar that belongs to Mom and Dad... James gave it to them many years ago and it hangs in my kitchen area these days... you change the wooden dates and month... cute!


After the morning chores (and feeding the fur kids) I headed outside...
Gorgeous!!


Red sky at morning....


It's a DOG'S LIFE for sure!


My calendar notice this morning... tomorrow marks thirteen years since we started going to Calvary Baptist...we LOVE Calvary!


One of Casey's favorite pastimes, after eating, of course :-)


Made the crew waffles for breakfast... or should I say
"second breakfast"... :-)


I think these two are courting... the new rooster kinda likes Coconut (that's her name) and she seems to kinda like him... His name is Bucky... 
since he is a Bantam Buckeye...




For lunch I made little Pizza's... on hamburger buns...


Then Lanny and I rested and daydreamed of snow...


Maggie does a little daydreaming herself...



And what do you know! It worked!!
SNOW!!!


The ducks didn't care at all but the chickens were hiding here and there, so I rounded them up and put them in the coop... when I started to come in Lanny said "you better take off that hat before you come inside"...
It was a dry snow and even tho I was out in it (no coat) all I had to do was dust it off and I was hardly damp...


The birds do not mind at all either!!



Our "yard"...




Max stayed on Dad's bed all day...he was not interested in snow...


The dogs, however, loved it!!




My window with a view...
the kitchen!


The dogs also LOVE wallowing in Granny's bed!!



For supper we had Salmon Patties, Potato Cakes, Macaroni and Tomatoes, Spinach, Rolls and Jello Salad...




I had already put the chickens in their coop earlier but I took them out some shredded lettuce and closed the ducks up in their house. All snug as bugs in rugs...

The kitchen is clean, the fire is burning in the fireplace, I am in my Jammies and Lanny is in the shower...
Tonight will be another episode or two in the second season of The Chosen...

Hope you are all having a FABULOUS NEW YEAR so far...
Snow did it for me!!

Goodnight Y'all, and God bless us, Every One...

Sweet Dreams







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...