Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday on the Farm... February 11

Note:
Sorry, somehow this posted early this afternoon 
before I had updated info on Mom (it's at the bottom). 

***

Quiet Time...

“O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You; I will praise Your name, 
for You have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭25:1‬ 

*****
Last nights cuddles during Terminator :-)


*****

Daddy got up about 5 minutes after I got his goodies together... 
he came into the living room and took his meds and inhaler
and then put his thermos and cup on his Rollator seat 
and headed back to his room.
I followed him back and put on his socks and then
made him a Sausage Biscuit (my homemade one) :-)


Lanny didn't get up 'til around 5
so Mitzi was warming up his spot...



At 6 I went in to make up our bed... one of these two is nearly always
in the bed, but today they both were :-)
They are slightly offended when I shoo them off...


I fed the fur kids and decanted the milk kefir's...
I cleaned out the fridge and made a little bowl of bits and pieces that I cleared out...
the chickens LOVE it.
Then I headed outside...


Waiting NOT so patiently!





Lanny was tuning up the gutter and rain barrel
and then I called him in...


For Second Breakfast :-)


Fried Eggs, Toast and Sausage...


I took the dogs out to check the nest boxes...
All I have to do now is say
"Y'all wanna go out back" and they come running!
You can see Maggie, Murphy and Casey here...
Mitzi is afraid of wind so she didn't leave Mom's room...


Dad's Shower Nurse came at 11 and while she was here Mom fell in her bedroom. She was pretty disoriented and I was almost gonna call an ambulance, but she regained her senses...
she is having so much trouble walking lately but will NOT properly use a cane.
She also could not properly use the regular little walker.
Paula took her to the Oncologist for her followup appointment and I set out to find her a Rollator Walker.
I had a request in to Shannon earlier in the week but they didn't have any...
 After calling several places I finally found one at Clinton Drug Store.
Lanny headed down to pick it up and in a few minutes Shannon texted me that one had just been donated!!
GOD IS SO GOOD!
I called Lanny and he was actually just finishing up the purchase at Clinton Drug. They cancelled the charge on the card and he went over to pick up the Rollator from Pnut and Shannon. 
Turns out it is bigger and sturdier that the one Dad was using, so we will give it to Daddy 
and Mom can have the smaller one. 
Honestly, who can deny that God doesn't get involved in the smaller details of our lives...


Mom and Paula got home from the Oncologist...
She has the walker now...
it's just a matter of getting her to USE it!!

For supper I just warmed up left over Mexican.
It's just as good the second time :-)



Lanny picked up the puppy piles...
I cleaned up the kitchen and put the chicks and ducks to bed.

So, here is the report:
No sign of anything in the brain (literally... just kidding :-))
... the cancer has not traveled there.
There are signs of mini stroke activity, which I pretty much figured, but nothing to concern us at this point. They still aren't sure about the lymph nodes at the sternum. The only way to know if they are affected is to do an Endoscopic exam and take a biopsy... If the nodes aren't affected radiation might be a possibility... she will have to decide about that if her Pulmonologist thinks it is advisable to do that at her age...
We thought we would have definitive answers with todays visit 
but there are still some unanswered questions. 

So... just keep us in your prayers. 
If she decides to do nothing at this point they would call in Hospice...
She is very weak on her feet. We can go down in the morning and get a sterile cup for a urine sample, bring it here and then take it back... at least we'd know if some of this is from a continued UTI...

We are cleaned up and ready to settle on the couch for our pack time...
and the last Terminator.

Goodnight Sweet Family and Friends!
God bless you ALL and thank you SO much for your prayers...

Sweet Dreams!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...