Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tuesday in the Hills... February 8

Quiet Time...

“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬
***** 
Do I spoil my Mommy and Daddy?
Dad has trouble with his hands so I put the dip on the veggie chips for him so he just picks it up and pops it in his mouth... Mom could still dip, but I spoil her too :-)
This was last nights snack...


Dad wasn't up when I came thru so I put all his goodies together and sat down to get started in my Quiet Time...


Dad got up around 4:30 and I made him a Breakfast Burrito...
he went right back to bed :-)

Lanny got up around 5...



Maxey was snuggling and helping him work on his blog this morning...


Jumped up at 6 and made our bed, fed the fur kids 
and decanted the Milk and Water Kefir.
I got some goat milk so will be making both cows and goats milk kefir...
I am going to give some of the goat milk kefir to the dogs as a probiotic.
I love the taste of goats milk... we are hoping to get a couple milk goats in the spring...


Went out at dawn to take care of my feathered babes...




Ready to come out!


My little treasure...


I am anxious to have a few more feathered lovelies out here...
Spring is just around the corner...


My dogs work really hard!!


We bought a beautiful Pork Loin at Costco yesterday...
I roasted it today for freezing...


Cooked it to exactly 145 degrees...


Fed Dad and Lanny a Bacon and Cheese Omelet with Cinnamon Toast
for their 8 am Second Breakfast...


I cut the Loin into serving slices... we will end up with 4 packages of 5 chops (for when Paula joins us) and 2 packages of 4 (for when it is just the four of us)... 
not bad for $13!!


I use my Vacuum Sealer and then all I have to do is drop the package in boiling water for a few minutes to warm it... it tastes freshly roasted... 
not recooked! LOVE IT!!


Daddy's physical therapist came at 10... she put him thru the paces :-)


Breathing exercises...


Maggie was staying out of the way in Mom's room...


For lunch I made some tuna salad and Mom, Dad and I ate tuna and crackers.

I sat down for a few minutes but Lanny wasn't home and it just isn't the same... I got up and messed around in the kitchen til he came home around 1:30. 
He ate some tuna and crackers too... 
he hadn't had lunch...


We aren't having a full fledged Family Night...without James and Tasha and Olivia its just not really Family Night to me... hopefully when its warmer and they can eat in the Common Room they will be able to join us... so until then I am just going to make a little bigger dinner at our usual time (4:00) and Rob and Molly and Paula can come eat or I will make them a take out :-) All the grandkids except Sadie are working or out of town these days.... time is marching on. 

*****
Awwwww... Coconut laid her egg.. she is giving me 4-5 eggs a week...


The dogs LOVE coming out into the fowl lot... 
I think they like sneaking chicken treats (if you know what I mean...)


Coconut is the white hen...


Lanny is still working on the gutter...
Gonna run it to the rain barrel...



Very abbreviated Family Night... we ate at 4. 
Rob, Thaniel and Katie came over and Paula of course...
Thaniel and Katie will be heading for Costa Rica next Monday...




The puppy piles are picked up and the dishes are in the dishwasher.
The chicks and ducks are in bed.

We will watch the first Terminator tonight. Lanny likes to start with Terminator Salvation first, and then do the first three and end with Genisys...
Just the way we do it :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless you one and all...
Sweet Dreams!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  πŸ‘♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...