Saturday, May 14, 2022

Saturday on the Hill... May 14

Quiet Time...

“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; 
He knows those who take refuge in Him.”
‭‭Nahum‬ ‭1:7

*****

Dad was up and waiting...


After I got him all settled I sat down with the pack...
well, in this case Maggie and Murphy...


Lanny joined us around 5...


Made the bed and fed the fur kids and headed out...





One duck egg again... Penny hasn't laid for two nights...
who knows...




Lanny is finishing up the garden gate...


At 8:00 I made the men some Eggs, Sausage and Toast.
Mom just wanted toast and I just wanted a boiled egg...
I keep boiled eggs in the fridge so I can eat them anytime...
YUM!!



My Buddy is still out in the open... three days now...
but the good news is, he is STILL out in the open...
nothing has eaten him :-)



Lanny is working on the sweet potatoes... 
he wanted to mound them up so that the water would get to them better...


He also planted the Blue Indigo Baptisia we bought at NatureScapes by the pond...
I hope it works... they are SO beautiful!


The Blue Moon Wisteria is still smelling sweet...
this native will bloom three times in the season...


The Baptisia...


Popcorn, Sugar and Goldie...


For lunch I made some Ramen...


Then Lanny and I rested...the music I listen to is exactly one hour 
and before I knew it it went off...
I must have REALLY napped! But I was tired!


Even Max and Mitzi joined us for this one...


My feathered kids love for me to sit down and bring scratch grains...
they ALL eat from my hands now...



Some of the herbs are getting blooms on them...



As if we don't have enough tadpoles :-)
Lanny was working down at the big pond and nabbed some Bullfrog tads...
we put them into the duck pond with the others...
the ducks are having a blast chasing and eating the tads 
so this will give them some bigger prey...
actually, I hope a few of the bullies survive... I LOVE the sound of Bullfrogs!!


My little buddy moved to a safer spot under the sedum...


Lanny putting stuff away after his work at the big pond...
he needs a bath!!! 
He was wading in there clearing out the algae...


I made Pintos, Fried Taters, 
Spinach, Cornbread...
YUM!!!




All the evening chores are done and we are going to watch the end of 
"Pearl Harbor"... it's a long one and we just couldn't get thru it last night...

Goodnight and Sleep Tight!
God bless us, Every One...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...