Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday in the Hills... May 13

Quiet Time...

““Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. 
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:25

*****

Dad was up...
Oops, I take this photo in the dark and sometimes it just doesn't want to focus...
kinda like me :-)


Anyway, I took care of him (made him a Biscuit)
and settled down with Maggie and Murphy...


Lanny got up a little later and Mitzi got her massage and then headed for the bedroom...
and yes, she got IN the bed so I had to run her out at 6...


I fed the fur kids and barely had time to get my clothes on... I really need to get up about 15 minutes earlier...



I let the ducks sleep in the chicken coop last night...
Gabby laid her egg in the floor but Penny didn't lay one...
at least not that I could find and I did dig around in the flakes...







Had to run in and decant the water kefir and empty the dishwasher...
I am all out of sync!




Look at this tiny little tree frog... they are emerging out of there pond...
at least all that can escape the ducks!



Penny is sunning... I LOVE how they put their head under their wing...


Popcorn...



She needed a drink...


We got outside to the gardens very early... it is so much easier to work out here when its cool.
It was supposed to rain today and since the weather man changed his mind I really needed to water!!!
All the new plants would not survive this heat without a good soaking.
I planted a few more natives in the ground in the small garden...



Lanny put me a GFI plug out here in the garden.
I want an outdoor radio/boom box so I can play my nature piano music.
It has bird song on it and when it plays all the birds seem to get louder.




This crazy guy is right out in the open in the rocks. Maggie and Murphy walked right by him and fortunately for all concerned they didn't notice... dogs find out REAL QUICK that frogs DO NOT taste good :-) But Max might not be so kind... he has been known to kill frogs...


Only two babies left. I lost another to sickness and one to murder. These particular babies have not been very fortunate... I don't think I will ever do it again unless they are laid and hatched by my hens... I will not just go out and get babies. 





We got a LOT done before 8AM breakfast :-)


Pancakes...


After breakfast we got right back to it!
Lanny is refining the gate hinges...


And, we put up the new netting behind the cucumber babies...






Then we have to rest and watch the ducks...



Have I mentioned how much I LOVE clouds? :-)


One of the Pearl Whites.
I think this heat is affecting the ladies.
I haven't had as many eggs...



They really like their sandbox dust bath...


Not sure what they were discussing but it was a LONG stare down...
Bucky and Sugar...


Then Sugar and Coconut had a nice Dusty Bath!



Had to step over Raven at the gate... 
sunning on the blazing hot rubber mat again!


Put fresh pine shavings in the coop and nest boxes... 
smells so good!


I made Fish Sticks, Tater Tots and Macaroni and Tomato 
with Garlic Bread Sticks and Pudding for Dessert. 
I forgot to take a picture til we were almost done... 
Mom is eating in her room again... 
she goes up and down and I would imagine it will be that way from here on out...
Continue to remember her in your prayers...


Lanny picked up the puppy piles and mowed... 
seems he is having to mow every other day!!! It is growing SO fast!


Lovely!



The fish are sunning in the late afternoon sun...


And this silly frog is still right here in the open... 
I don't think he speaks English because I have explained the problem to him...


Not sure what we will start on tonight. 
I really enjoyed West Side Story... 
it had been about 4 years since we watched it.

Goodnight Family and Friends...
I pray God's very sweetest blessing on each and every one of you!
Sweet Dreams!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...