Sunday, May 22, 2022

Sunday, the Lords' Day on the Farm... May 22

Quiet Time...

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; 
the righteous man runs into it and is safe.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:10

*****

Dad's light was on when I walked into the living room so I got his coffee ready 
and put the Biscuit Roll Ups in the microwave... 
then when I headed that way with his meds and water his light was off!!! 
So I wrapped up his Biscuits in foil and got ready to do my thing... 
then his light came back on!!! 

It is actually easier if he is up when I get up 
because I can get him all settled in 
with his medicine, his coffee and his first breakfast 
and then I can relax without watching for him to get up 
and have to stop mid stream my reading and study...

Most of the time as you know, he IS up :-)

Anyway, it all worked out... I got him situated and he was happy in his little chair watching womens' boxing (go figure... he watches sports because he is nearly deaf 
and you don't need to hear that!... 
and I guess that was the only thing on at 4 o'clock in the morning!!:-)


Lanny got up right after me... 
on Sunday's he needs to get up and around earlier...


Max, of course, headed for the bed right before I went in to make it... 
he is such a cuddle bug. He WANTS you to pick him up!


Straight to his Daddy's arms...
at least until I start rattling dog and cat bowls for breakfast...
then he is right there under my feet with the rest of them!


Well, all except Murphy lately... 
he lays on the couch and watches until all the others are finished 
and then just saunters in for his bowl... 
I think he likes to torment Maggie... 
she forgets that she already ate 
and wonders why HE is getting to eat and not HER!!!
If you could see her face she is VERY dejected!


...Headed out to the chickens and ducks at daybreak!

This was at 6:11... they were hollering at me!






One duck egg,,. it's Gabby's and Penny has been the slacker lately... 
her eggs are softer shelled and she may have a problem I need to research. 
She is perfectly fine otherwise and eats the exact same thing as the rest of them... who knows!?


My Frog Buddy... I think I need to name him...
How about "Big Orange"!?


Max is watching the fish having their little mating rituals in the plants... 
the water is awful! ...they just keep it stirred up and muddy this time of year!




Headed out the other end of the barn to play with the horses!



Carrot Time!


Dandy kinda likes carrots!


He says "Don't Tease!!"...


YUM!





Back inside to work on Sunday Lunch...


Making Brownies for dessert...



I don't think I have ever told you Mom's morning routine... 
she usually sleeps til about 7. 

When I take Dad his goodies I put Mom's meds for the day on the shelf by her door... she has to take one pill before the others and then wait about 30 minutes to drink her coffee... I keep an eye on the camera to see when she gets up and around, wait til it's been enough time and then I take her in a little thermos and her cup as well as her other medicines... then I make her bed. After about 30 minutes I take her in a Boost High Calorie... I told her she can stop drinking them when she starts eating :-) 
But I tell you, they are DELICIOUS!! I always take a little swig before I give it to her... 
I may need to skip a meal now and then so I can drink one!! :-)


Max is stalking a little chipmunk that I have seen roaming around out there...


Well, he caught it!!!




I did manage to get it away from him and hold him til it escaped...
but I think he knows which way it went!



Brownies are done and cooling...


Made Dad a Pancake/Sausage Dog (like a corndog, only breakfast) 
for his Second Breakfast. Lanny is already on his way to church...



Went back out to check the boxes and found another night time Goldie egg 
on the floor below the roost... not broken...


Aren't they so pretty!!!


The first Water Lily...


Had to move the Monarda, Bee Balm because it was wilting in the afternoon sun 
on the other sunnier side of the porch... I think it needs to be in the ground...


Popcorn in the middle nest...


And Sugar wanting in it!!!


Oh no, does this look like a happy cat that has accomplished his mission?
I hope he didn't find that chipmunk... 
but he is bathing and preening like they often do after a meal...



I think Goldie gave up on the middle nest, but she had the night egg so I don't even think she will lay this early... we shall see..


I went out without my camera, if you can believe it.
Popcorn and Sugar laid in the middle nest...


My poor stressed out Maggie... I worry about her :-)


Dust bathing... and Willow thought it looked fun!!!




Almost time for our Sunday Dinner...
Molly and Rob and Nolan will be here...
Salad...


Cheese Cake and Brownies...


Sweet Tea and Sparkley (Water Kefir)...


And wouldn't you know, I get so wrapped up that I forgot to take a picture of my gorgeous Beef/Chicken and Rice Casserole and my New Potatoes and Green Beans... well let me tell you they were fabulous :-) Actually, they were... the men devoured it!!






Paula was going to a 2 o'clock Cook Out so didn't eat but she was upset that I fixed one of her favorites!! So she took home a nice Doggy Box for later :-)






After everyone left and I fed the fur kids their supper Lanny and I sat down for a short Sunday Siesta... he has to go back early tonight for a special called choir practice.  There will be no choir practices in June and July so tonight and next Sunday they will go over all the songs for the two months... so many vacations and missing members that the practice is not really beneficial...

Maggie and Murphy AND Max with us on the couch...


...and after a couple kisses, Mitzi jumped down on the floor with her bone...


*****

Lanny and I sat out by the duck pond for a few minutes before he had to leave and I freshened up the chickens water bowls and peeked in the BioPod... I peak every day and usually only see fruit flies but HIP HIP HOORAH! Soldier Fly grubs... 
they are very tiny when the hatch but very quickly grow into the most yummy chicken and duck food on the planet... Well, most birds go nuts for them too... especially Blue Birds and Robins!! If you don't know anything about Soldier Flies I urge you to do some research. They are God's Garbage Disposals... The adult fly has no mouth, doesn't bite and only lays eggs and then goes off to die... 
the grubs however eat ANYTHING!... And they grow fast, leave the compost area, bury themselves in the soil and turn into Soldier Flies to start all over again.  
They are voracious feeders and I often have to put dog or cat food or even make rice or spaghetti to feed them in the BioPod... We just don't have a lot of left overs up here... I use everything. Anyway, I will keep you posted on their progress 
and show you the end result... 
I am sure this isn't that exciting to you 
but it is REALLY BIG STUFF to me!!


I will make some Chicken Noodle Soup for Daddy's "Dinner" and then settle down with the fur kids 
to watch some Star Trek til Lanny gets home...
It's been a full day. I love when I can cook for my family... 

Found another egg... Coconut...
That makes 5 today...


Made Dad's Chicken Noodle...


I'll have to pick up the pup piles myself tonight... oh well :-)
I'll put the chicken feeders safely away and get my jammies on...

Ready for Star Trek!!

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless you ALL and Sweet Dreams!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...