Sunday, June 19, 2022

Saturday on the Farm... June 18

Quiet Time...

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, 

And forget not all His benefits:" 

Psalm 103:2

*****
Dad was still in bed...

He got up around 4:15, 
so I got his stuff all ready and sat down to read til he got up...


Made him a Breakfast Burrito 
and then rejoined my fur babies...


Dad enjoys his early morning breakfast...
and Casey waits for a handout...


Lanny joined the Couch Pack around 4:30...


And I noticed Casey got his treats...


Max was in his "spot" when I went in at 5:45 to make the bed :-)


Got dressed and went out at daybreak...


They get anxious :-)
Not to see me, but hoping there are LOTS of soldier fly grubs in the bin...
the heat is slowing those down as well...


Morning moon...




Decanted the Water Kefir...


And gave the birds their probiotic treat :-)


The fish are STILL playing in the plants!!
Muddying up the water!



Headed for the barn and saw the eastern sun peaking over the hills...


Dandy was waiting...


Giving me the eye...


And so was Takoda!



Luke gets a little cat food to supplement the rats and mice :-)



Paula's avocado tree that she started from a seed...
it's about 2 feet tall!!


I made Dad and Lanny a Pancake/Sausage Dog for Breakfast... 
it's like a corndog on a stick only it's a pancake around the sausage... 
they like 'em!!

*****

Bread Day...



I think this was a good batch of yeast... 
this rise was a bit more than double!!



Shaped and ready for second rise...


Mom and Paula were enjoying the cooler morning out on the porch...


Gabby laid another morning egg in the coop floor...


I also fried up about 10 pounds of ground beef to put in the freezer...


I give a loaf to Robbie and to Paula...
Paula likes hers sliced :-)


One of the Pearl Whites...



They like to be in the sun if it's not TOO hot!
Those black coats get VERY HOT!!!


I love water lilies!


Got 10 cartons of fried ground beef... just the right size for most recipes
 and Paula uses it as well... always ready... just thaw it and go!!


For lunch they had Fried Baloney Sandwiches... Mom ate in her Suite... 
I had already eaten the ends off my bread... warm and with butter... 
so I wasn't hungry for lunch :-)


My three resting on the couch and Casey chewing on a bone...
No nap today... Lanny and Dad went to Home Depot 
to get shelf number 4 for the pantry...


Putting together the shelf... 
they go together so easily but are very strong...
Perfect!!!


We had some wire shelves that someone had given us 
and this was the perfect spot for them...


Mom and Paula sitting in the Big Barn Bay Doors...
watching the birds and the horses...
the "Neigh"Bors :-)


Another Pearl White, Coconut, Willow and Goldie...
I am anxious to see what the two babies lay...
should be blue or green...


For Supper we had some Beef/Chicken & Rice Casserole (a previous dinner from the freezer), some Yams and Green Beans... I love quick meals :-)


We took care of the evening chores, got cleaned up and ready for our movie...
tonight, Oceans 12...

Goodnight Y'all!
God bless and Sweet Dreams!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...