Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thursday in the Hills... June 2

Quiet Time...

“Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:36‬ 

*****

Daddy was up!
I took him his meds, his thermos and mug 
and two Biscuit Roll-Ups...



Then settled onto the couch with Maggie and Mitzi...


Lanny sauntered in about 4:30...


...and then Murphy...


So for a few minutes we had the Three M's... 
not the Fourth M Max... I think he was in with Daddy..

Maggie was comfortable!.


Made the bed, fed my fur babies and headed out at Dawn...





The ducks stayed in the coop last night so Gabby laid her egg...


I have a couple of little boxes on the coop floor just for them...
but they lay between them :-)


As usual, I am often looking UP!!!
Clouds are lovely!



Penny spent a lot of time digging in the coop floor 
and acting like she was going to lay...


...but so far she did not...


Decanted the Sparkley...


And headed out to treat the chicks and ducks...


Then I went out the other end of the big barn 
to see the horses and take them a carrot or two... 


the "neigh"bors :-)


One of the Pearl Whites...
it is SO HOT and they are really slowing down on egg production...


I made the men Omelets for breakfast but forgot to take a picture of them...
Dad was having issues with his motorized chair so I was back there fiddling with that and just threw their food on the table and left... 
just kidding :-) but I WAS busy...

Lanny working on the MULE...
we just cannot lose that baby!!
We LOVE that MULE!!
...it's invaluable on a big property like this!


For lunch we had Tuna Sandwiches...


I told Mom she needed to keep an eye on her cookie 
because Murphy had TWO eyes on it!!


After lunch we took a LONG Siesta! 
We sat there for nearly 90 minutes... it was marvelous!!!


Maggie thought so too!


Not sure if Murphy did... 
she had all four paws on his little back end :-)


Went out back to check nest boxes and give all the feathered kids some cold water... this time of year I pour out and refill their water containers several times because it is so HOT... I also took them some frozen corn. They LOVE that on hot days.



I am just now starting to get Black Soldier Fly Grubs in the BioPod bin... 
I will show you what the population looks like IN the pod and then tomorrow I will show you the ones that climb up the inside wall and fall into the collection bin...
ready to be nourishing protein snacks for the birds...


The BSF is God's garbage disposal... these grubs eat anything from kitchen scraps to carrion... they eat, grow, crawl away and burrow into the soil and turn into the adult Black Soldier Flies... the adults have no mouth, they don't bite or cause any trouble, all they do is mate, lay eggs and then die... 
Perfect eating machine cycle... 
AND, birds LOVE them. All birds: robins, bluebirds, etc.,  including chickens and ducks. They are the perfect supplement food for them in the summer. 
Look up Black Soldier Fly on the internet if you want to learn more about them. 
They are SO interesting!!! I simply break into the cycle between feed and burrow and collect them for my feathered kids!

Paula hollered at me this afternoon and said she was doing dinner...
SPAGHETTI!!!
So I just didn't have a thing to do...
went over and bothered her :-)
and watcher her cook!!




Walked down the driveway to look at the orchard...
the birds have cleaned off the cherries... Paula did manage to pick a few first :-)
Didn't see any of the pears that I saw last week... I didn't think birds would bother those, but something did! And only a few small apples. I think we need a few more trees to pollinate better. These were here when we came...



Lanny made it in before the rain started... he does love to mow!


Mom came out for some fresh HOT air :-)


And then it started raining!


I ran out to check the nest boxes during a lull in the rain...
Willow and Goldie!


Paula makes great Spaghetti!!!
I added Salad and some Garlic Toast and Pudding for Dessert!
YUM!!!
And I didn't have to cook!



Lanny picked up the pup bombs...
I put the chicken feeders away...

Not sure what is on the big screen tonight...
I will let you know tomorrow.

Goodnight Sweet Family and Friends!
Love and God's Blessings upon you ALL!!
Sweet Dreams!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...