Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday on the Farm... June 3

Quiet Time...

“For to set the mind on the flesh is death, 
but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:6

*****
Dad was up...
I got him all situated...


...and then sat down with my fur kids...


...till Lanny came in at 4:30.


Max waiting to be cuddled...
cats don't usually like to be picked up but Max seems to LOVE it...


Fed them all and then headed out...


They were ready and waiting...
‬ ‭



Not a lot of grubs yet but they are coming!



The ducks were in the coop and this is Gabby's nice egg...




Ran over to give the Horses some attention...
we need to get a couple of young trainers out here to take them out on the trails so we could start riding... we have a contact or two that will do it when we are ready... they haven't been ridden is SO long and we are a little too old to risk it. 
They need a little work first to get them back into it...



Lanny was hitting golf balls...



... out onto the Grand Meadow...
then he goes over and picks them all up to do it again...



I made them some pancakes for breakfast...
Mom and I ate toast...


I cut Mom's nails...
this is as "short" as she will let me cut them...


...so you can imagine how long they were.
I'd poke my eyes out with fingernails this long!


My Amaryllis is blooming...


Well, Penny did lay an egg but it is tiny again and no yolk...
I am stumped as to why...


A Pearl White...


Made Grilled Cheese for lunch...



Ran out to check the nest boxes and another Pearl White...


Then we settled down on the couch for a short siesta...
Lanny wanted to get back out to the mowing 
since the heat was not so bad today...


Headed down below the pasture to see what my sissy was doing...
as if I didn't KNOW she would be working!!


Takoda enjoying his grass...


Made Open Faced Chili Cheese Dogs for Supper...
left overs, of course!!



Better the second time around!!

So, the dishes are done, Lanny picked up the pup piles and then mowed the yard.
I put out fresh water for the chicks and ducks
and put their feeders away in the bins.

I am getting ready to get into my night clothes :-)

Last night we watched "American President"...
a good movie if you ignore the politics :-)
and the "tiny" bit of propaganda going on there :-)
I like Michael Douglas and Annette Bening...

Not sure what Lanny will pick tonight...but it's always good!

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...