Thursday, June 23, 2022

Thursday on the Hill... June 23

Quiet Time...

“For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, 

and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
This was last evening.... ouch!!
103!!!


Dad was up... the power had gone off and on several times in the night... 
when it comes back on the "ding dong" call alarm that I got for Mom and Dad 
goes off ... so the first time it scared me half to death coming out of a deep sleep... 
I unplugged it after the second time... SO, I was a bit groggy this morning :-)

I made him a couple Sausage Biscuits 
to go with his coffee and meds and I headed for the couch...

Oh, the coffee pot was not on either so I had to wait for the coffee...
It is set to be ready at 3:45 as long as the power doesn't go off... 
when it rains it pours :-)


Time with my Pack!!


Max went in to visit Dad... first thing!


Maggie all stressed out again :-)


The internet was NOT cooperating this morning, 
so I didn't do my devotional blog... 
sorry.... 
It has been wacky all day... 
this may not post either...

Anyway, after making the bed and feeding the fur kids 
I headed out to the chicks and ducks...





Waiting patiently HaHa!!



Gabbys' egg... she laid it in the middle of the coop floor 
and the baby hens were pecking at it when I opened the door!!! 
Thank goodness the duck eggs have HARD shells...


They followed me to the gate...


My fur kids doing what they do best!!


Went out to give the horses a carrot... or two...




Lanny ate some yogurt and headed out to mow while it was cool...
I made Dad an Egg and Bacon Omelet with Toast...


They followed me to the gate earlier and were still waiting :-)
They expect me to have a treat EVERY time I come out...
I do about 80% of the time :-)


Sugar thinking about an egg...


And Goldie waiting to get in...


The Baby BlueBird is still fooled by me...
she won't be for long...
they learn FAST...


Burn Day...


Made Fried Baloney Sandwiches for lunch... 
Mom ate in her Suite...


Then we sat down for our after lunch Siesta...


Lanny went back down to mow and I headed out to cool off the chicks and ducks...
I give them fresh cold water about three times a day 
and also lettuce or some other cold veggie or fruit... 
I threw them some lettuce under the deck... its cooler under there...


Goldie laid her egg...


And Sugar and Popcorn did too...


I gave them some extra shade with the umbrella...


This scared me... 
the baby didn't move and I was afraid that the heat had killer her...


But I went out a bit later and she was fine...
AND the Momma and Daddy were chipping at me and dive bombing...
All is well!


For Supper we had Fish Sticks, Hush Puppies and Green Beans and Carrots 
with Applesauce and Graham Crackers for Dessert...



Lanny took care of the Puppy Landmines,
I cleaned up the kitchen and went out to put the feed away and close the sandbox, although I don't think we need worry about rain! I sure wish we would get some!

I packed 6 quarts of rice in Mylar bags today 
and sealed with an oxygen absorber inside...  
keeps it fresh for a LONG time :-) 
It was the first time I have done this process so tomorrow I will do more... 
beans, rice, other grains, perhaps flour and cornmeal... 
I used the Food Saver Vac and Seal without the Vac on... 

*****

Not sure what is on the big screen tonight ... 
as usual, Lanny chooses and I will let you know tomorrow...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless you ALL
and
Sweet Dreams!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...