Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Tuesday in the Hills... June 26

Quiet Time...

“But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, 
He gave the right to become children of God,”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Daddy was up...


Got him all settled in with a couple Biscuit Rollups...
then I sat down with my abbreviated Pack...
Lanny is in Kentucky at Church Camp till Friday evening...


It looks lonesome, doesn't it :-)


He asked me to call him at 5 our time (4 Campbellsville time),
in case his alarm didn't go off :-)
He sent me a "Hi" from Sadie...
Her photo shoot portraits were gorgeous, but this is my favorite way to see her :-) 



Moved Max off the bed...


Made the bed and went ahead and fed the fur kids... they were begging :-)
Then I headed out to the birds...
it's a nice 60 degrees!!


Look at that sky...
Red Sky... I wish we were in for some more rain,
but I don't see anything on the radar...




Well, this was a surprise... this egg is Penny's...
I can tell the difference... Gabby's eggs are rounder and very smooth.
Penny's eggs have always been rough and more elongated...
I will have to keep an eye out for a Penny egg later this morning...





This is the difference in their eggs...
This is a Gabby egg from yesterday on the left and the one I just brought in from Penny on the right...


The fish are STILL playing in the pot!




Bread Day...
I do the initial mix and start the knead in my Bosch...
my hands just don't have the strength anymore to do that part...
I used to do it all by hand...


Amber was trying her best to get into the back yard...
I thought she might be trying to get to me...



Kneading the second half...
it's softer and easier after the initial mix...
my old hands can handle a short knead...
I love the feel of the dough...


She is still trying to get over the fence...
she was looking at me thru the kitchen window...


First rise...


Turns out that she was just trying to lay an egg...
she is young and when that urge came over her she must have just been frantic to find a spot...
then she remembered the nest box, ran to the coop and there you are!!!
Small Olive Egg number 5!


Gabby enjoying the very warm duck pond... even overnight it doesn't cool off much...
she doesn't seem to mind...


Well, there you go...
Gabby's egg in the other corner a couple hours later...


Decanted the water kefir and took the berries out to the birds...



Strange egg day...
found a Coconut egg behind the rake...
not sure if it is yesterday's or the day before....


This is the picture of today's duck eggs...
you can really see the difference in Penny's and Gabby's...
I hope Penny is over the problem she was having with the tiny soft eggs...


Separating and Shaping the Dough for second rise...



Amber hangs around with Bucky a LOT...
she is officially a hen now...


They like spaghetti...


I had some left over and they grab it and run!
It's cute when a spaghetti is having from their mouth!!




Mom was enjoying the cool morning on the porch...


Bread is baking!


Popcorn, Sugar, Coconut and Goldie!


And my pups doing what they do best :-)


Making Brownies for tonights Dinner...
Paula is making dinner for the four of us tonight!


So, here are a couple shots from Sadie's Photo Shoot...
I am speechless...
She is beautiful but she is only 11...
she is moving way to fast for my heart to take...



*****

Back on track :-)
If you are ever thinking about a small counter top oven 
I would highly recommend the Breville!
This baby bakes up to 450 but also dehydrates, air fries, 
and everything else the toaster ovens usually do... 
I LOVE this thing and use it much more often than my big oven...



Brownies are done and cooling...


Pups are having their dinner...



Paula brought over supper tonight:
Kielbasa, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots, Onions...
A German Dish!!!
We are a bit German :-)
I added some Tomatoes and Cucumbers, Biscuits and Brownies...
YUM!!!
Thank you Sissy!!




Went out to put the chicken feeders away and found a gift from Willow!!!
Made 8 eggs today, plus the one I found under the rake...


Opal is not acting right... she is not interacting very much 
and spending a lot of time on the roost... 
I hope she is just suffering from needing to lay an egg...


Dad likes to ride his scooter down the drive between our house and Paula's... 
he gets to see the pup that way :-)



I picked up the puppy landmines...
put on my jammies and am ready to call it a day...

Miss my hubby and Sadie...
Tuesday is usually her day over here.

So say a prayer for them tonight...
God always shows up at CentriKid Camp 
...pray He shows up BIG TIME!!!
and that Sadie and Papaw come away 
with a renewed Spirit and Fire!!!

Goodnight Family and Friends!!!
We love you!!
God bless and Sweetest Dreams!!!












1 comment:

  1. I am also praying for a renewed spirit for all the camp members!. Sadie is beautiful but to me she is just as pretty in her ball uniform LOL

    ReplyDelete

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... May 19

Quiet Time... 🌿🌻 “But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you,  O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed ...