Sunday, August 7, 2022

"Son"Day on the Mountain... August 7

Quiet Time...

“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, 
neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, 
for the former things have passed away.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Dad was up :-)



After I took Dad his stuff I sat down in my spot and Murphy jumped over beside me...
Maggie was VERY offended :-)


Finally I coaxed her to get under the cover beside Murphy...
as I have mentioned she thinks it's my leg...


Dad getting ready to do what I have told him over and over NOT to do...


...gives Casey some of his Breakfast Roll Ups...


Lanny joined us around 4:30...


I had to get up to fix Dad's oxygen and Maggie took my spot!


At 5:45 I made the bed, fed the fur kids and washed the pork loin jars so I could put them away...


Then I headed out to care for the bird kids...





Penny's prize in the coop floor...







Lanny had already headed to church...
I made some French Toast Sticks for Dad's Second Breakfast...
and he also wanted some Toast and my Grape Jelly :-)


Mom had Toast and Grape Jelly in her Suite...


With an audience :-)


Made slaw for todays dinner...
I used my little Ninja...
it would have taken a LOT less time with the big processor but I just did it this way for fun :-)



Gabby laid her prize a little later in the same nest spot...


Sugar, Goldie and Coconut...


I watch the Calvary Baptist morning service online 
as I am cooking for our Sunday lunch.
Bruce still sends me the choir songs they are practicing 
so I can sing along with the choir when they do their special...
I've been in the choir nearly my whole life 
so it feels odd to watch and not be there singing :-)

*****

We had Sloppy Joes...
I went ahead and "Sloppy'd" them myself and put them in the oven...
Makes it quicker to serve and stretches the Joe mixture :-)











And after lunch...
Siesta Time!


Went out to check for more eggs... none...
and to give them some fresh water...


Max is three feet long when he stretches out!


Made Dad and Lanny and Momma some Chicken Noodle Soup for their supper...
then Dad and Lanny went to church!


I made tortillas! 
I have tried before and not been happy with the results...
 but today!!!


They worked!! YUMMY!!
These were made with olive oil so they are yellowish...


Tomorrow I will do some with lard and a little different procedure 
and see which I like best.
I am SO thrilled!!!


The yard is picked up...
the chicken feed is safely stored for the night...
I am going to put on my jammies
and
who knows what I will do tonight!
Look at recipes, watch tortilla making videos, canning videos...
oh, the possibilities are endless :-)
Lanny and Dad will get home around 7:30 so I had better get to it!!!

Goodnight Family and Friends!!
We love you ALL...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...