Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday on the Mount... August 8

Quiet Time...

“that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, 
and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, 
that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:10-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬ 

*****
Daddy was up...
ready for his breakfast...
Made him a couple Sausage Biscuits and got him comfortable...


Then I headed for the couch...
Had my two little buddies...
side by side (unbeknownst to Maggie) in the blankets...


Lanny joined us around 5...


Finished up around 5:40...
changed the sheets 
and threw the dirty ones in the washer...
fed the kids,
and headed out to the chickens and ducks...



Plenty of soldier fly grubs this morning...
they LOVE 'EM!!




Turtles are bathing...



Making some Beef Broth with some pastured soup bones
 that we got when we bought the beef from our friend Jen last year...


AND, I am making more tortillas...
I'll get these babies right, you wait and see :-)




Roll 'em up and let 'em rest...


Mom's morning goodies...
coffee and prunes...


The broth is smelling up the kitchen...



Threw out some stale bread...


Gabby and Penny laid a little later in the morning...



Gave some sardines to the birds...
they LOVE sardines...
actually, they seem to LOVE most everything treat wise!


The turtles also LOVE sardines :-)




Headed for the stables...
Luke, our "healthy" barn cat!



Carrot time!





Max, the other barn cat... 
but Max lives inside with us.
Luke really is a barn cat...


The drive to our yard and Paula's lovely bushes and yard...


Wanting a rub...


Made Dad and Lanny some Fried Eggs, 
Bacon, Sausage and Toast...



Made Mom some Toast and Jelly and Bacon...
served in her Suite :-)
with the usual audience!


Threw out the egg shells...
need I say how they feel about that!?


Gotta brag on my Honey...
the lint trap in my dryer had a little pin broke on the screen...
I had it taped shut and that made it hard to get the lint out...


Lanny worked on it and put a screw in the little hinge...


So now it opens, just like new!!!


OK, so I'm starting on the tortillas...
Mine look more like States or clay animals than round,
but I am working on it!!!




They aren't pretty yet, but they are quite tasty!!!


Pulled the bones out of the broth and took off the meat.
I could use it for other things but there isn't a lot,
so I will give it to the pups with their kibble.
They LOVE it...
Hey, all my animals are easy to please!!!


And when I am cooking, especially beef or chicken,
this is where they stay...
under my feet...


And they know they will almost always get a nibble!


Made Tuna Sandwiches for lunch...
Mom ate in her Suite...



Then we sat down for a short siesta...
Dad and Lanny will head down the hill afterwards 
to go to Home Depot and the bank...




And now, I get to do my most favorite thing in the whole world!
NOT!
Folding sheets...
I think those videos and instructions that look SO easy 
are twin sheets... NOT king sized!
I can do it, but it is NOT easy!!!



Sugar, Willow, Goldie and Opal!
... so far today we have 6!


5 pints of rich beef broth!


We were so thrilled to have a visit by Bruce (the Choir Director at Calvary) this afternoon...
he said he was in the neighborhood...

For Supper we had Fish Sticks, Yams, Green Beans and New Potatoes, Cole Slaw and Garlic Tortilla Wedges (had to get those tortillas in there somehow :-))



Lanny picked up the pup piles,
I put the feed safely away...

I am ready to get into my night time attire and watch the end of Dances with Wolves...
we watched the first half night before last. 

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...