Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tuesday on the Farm... August 23

Quiet Time...

"We love Him, because He first loved us." 
1 John 4:19 KJV
*****
Daddy was up...

Made him a Breakfast Burrito as well...


Mags and Murph...


Lanny got up around 4:30...


My project for the day:

Canning Pinto Beans...
I know, pintos are easy to cook...
but I prefer to soak overnight and when I get a hankerin' for pintos 
I usually have NOT soaked them the night before! 
So, if I have them already cooked I can open a quart or two, 
fry some taters and greens and make some cornbread and VOILA!!! 

I don't have a colander big enough for 5 pounds of beans 
so this was the best I could do to drain and rinse after the soak :-)


But I do have an 18 Quart Stainless Pot that is just right!!



Jars are clean and waiting...
the beans need to boil for about 30 minutes...


Chicken and Duck time!




Awwww, Willow's night/early morning egg...


And Penny's...
still no eggs from Gabby for several days...
She is entitled to a break!






This little frog has been living with the turtles for several months...
He has a big pond just two feet away but is nearly always here...


The African Violet that Shelly brought is getting tiny blooms on it... 
it always takes a while with a new violet...



Beans are slightly softened and in 9 quart jars ready for the canner...


My canner will double deck!



Made Dad and Lanny some French Toast Casserole... you know, the one that I bake, cut and freeze in portions for a quick hearty man's breakfast :-)


I threw some cucumbers out for the birds...




Sugar is in the nest...


One of the turtles...
I have not named them yet...




Beans are out of the canner and cooling...


Paula is working on the gourds that we grew last summer...
they have been bleached for 30 minutes and will dry in the sun for a while.
Then they will be ready for painting, staining, etc...
Paula is VERY crafty!!


This is too funny...
I am thawing a couple bags of chicken feet 
that we brought home when we were processing chicken at Jen's house...
Robbie opened the fridge to get his stash of Sparkley and cracked up...
he said it is OBVIOUS that the bag is full of feet but I would still label it...
I told him I should have been precise and labeled it "Chicken Feet" 
because it COULD be Velociraptor Feet!!!

Chicken Feet made the BEST broth... very thick and rich...
Tomorrow I will cook and can broth...


We had left over Pizza and Tuna and Ham Salad Sandwiches for lunch 
and then took our 60 minute Siesta...


Max even joined us...



After Siesta Lanny mowed... 
it was MUCH easier today because it was DRY and not quite so tall!!!


Took some scraps that are not chicken friendly out to the BioPod 
but these kids think EVERYTHING is for them!




Goldie and Coconut Eggs...


The difference is subtle, 
but Coconuts' is a little pink and Goldies is more brown...


For supper I opened a can of our Kraut, added Potatoes, 
Carrots, Kielbasa and Onions... YUMMY!!! 
Oh, and Biscuits!

All the evening chores are done.
We are in our Jammies and ready to watch a movie.
Last night we watched Snowden and it was really good.
Tonight we are going to watch Anthrapoid...another true story set during WW2...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... September 29

Quiet Time Bible Study...  📖🙏🏻 “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the house...