Monday, November 14, 2022

Monday in the Mountains... November 14

Quiet Time...

“The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, 
and His kingdom rules over all.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103‬:‭19‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Thought I'd share a pic of Daddy's snack last night...
He loves dip and chips (and veggie straws) but because of his neuropathy 
he cannot dip a chip without breaking it... 
he can't feel how tight he is holding it.
Anyway, I always put the dip on his straws or chips 
before I take it in to him
and he has no trouble at all. 
He LOVES this snack :-)


Mom used to love Lanny's guacamole and chips 
but she is just not into snacks anymore. 
I give her a Boost for the calories 
and she doesn't usually want anything else :-(

*******

Dad was up and ready for his first breakfast...
Made him two Biscuit Roll Ups to go with his coffee...



Then I settled in with my crew.
Mom slept thru until about 5:30 so I had an uninterrupted study time!!


Had to move the Max.



Changed the sheets and put them in the wash,
fed the fur kids...
and then headed out to the flock...
BURRR!!!!!




It doesn't matter HOW COLD it is, these girls LOVE to swim...
their water bowls were frozen but not the pond...




You can guess what I am doing today...
I have a couple big Beef Roasts to can today...


AND,
I'm making some Cinnamon Rolls...



Ready for first rise...



Dad slept after his first breakfast until after 9 so I made him some Cinnamon Toast to hold him until lunch...

*****

Started two pans of rolls...
I think they may be too big!!!


Nine pints of beef...
1 1/2 lbs each...


Well, the rolls WERE too big.
As a matter of fact they crawled out of the pans 
and dripped all over the stove and I am surprised I didn't have a fire!!!
I should have made three or even four pans instead of two!!!




The chickies love to dust bathe in the sun!



The rolls were so ugly and SO big, but when I iced them they looked edible.
And miraculously they were quite tasty even after being smoked in the oven!
Molly and Robbie wanted some so I took them over a few...
Paula took some and the rest will be for our breakfast tomorrow and some in the freezer. They freeze very well!


*****

Yea, it was wrestle with the fitted king sized sheet day 
and I had help from the pups!


Mom is in the bed nearly 100% of the time. She rings for me to help her to the potty beside her bed, will sit in her chair to eat and then right back into the bed. 
She is so frail and wobbly and she is confused most of the time. 
She keeps her TV on but is usually asleep when I check on her. 
We have the followup from labwork tomorrow...
their annual wellness exam, but we will try to get Dr. Hayes to check her as well. 
I am not even sure if we can get her down there. She is so weak...
Keep her in your prayers...

Fancy dinner :-)
Corn Dogs, Tater Tots and Microgreen Salad!!
Pudding for Dessert with a Graham Cracker :-)


Mom likes Corn Dogs!


All the evening chores are done...
puppy piles, chicken feed...
Jammies are on and we are ready to cuddle up on the couch 
with the fur kids and watch the third new Star Trek movie...
Star Trek Beyond

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless America...
God bless us, every one!
and
Sweet Dreams!

“Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.” 
George Herbert


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... July 7

  Quiet Time... 🌳🌿 “And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among...