Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tuesday on the Hilltop... November 22

Quiet Time...

“Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, 
who seek Him with their whole heart,”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭119‬:‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬
***** 
Mom slept thru the night!!!
Praise the Lord!

So, even tho I got up a couple times to check on her 
I wasn't disturbed otherwise...
It felt good :-)

Daddy was up, so I took him his coffee and meds 
and made him a Breakfast Burrito ...


Then settled down with my Bible Study Buddies...


And Max joined in this morning...


My routine now is that around 5:45 I finish up my study time 
and Debbie's Corner Blog entries and then check on the Microgreens... 
I turn on the grow lights as soon as I get up 
but do the watering at this time... before I make the bed.



Made the bed and decanted the water kefir,,,
berries for my flock...


Headed out as soon as it was light enough...
not as cold as yesterday!





The Koi Pond Water Pitcher...
Ice Art!


Making some Cinnamon Rolls...
gonna use the Bread Machine to make the dough and do the first rise...


Lanny is setting up the freeze dryer. 
He brought it into his office and we decided 
we would put it in Mom and Dad's parlor since it is SO cold outside. 
It won't run well if it is below freezing...


Rolling out the Cinnamon Rolls...



We did a test as directed and then started a practice batch of damp bread 
for a break-in of the machine. Book says the first run may have a slight taste 
so it's best to do it with bread and then toss it... 
I will toss it right out for the flock :-)


Rolls are rising in the oven...


Finishing up the hutches...
we will go for the rabbits around noon...




Finishing touches... 


Off we go...


Ponderosa Bulls...


And Camels...




Well, sad story...
we brought two does and one buck home in cages.
We put the two girls together into a dog cage...
The bottom slides and when Lanny was setting it down one of the girls jumped thru the bigger holes in the bottom and ran into the woods... Lanny hunted all over but it is a steep hill and mostly briar bushes... Bunny Heaven... but she is not wild and I fear she won't make it... there are always bunnies all over up here so if she hooks up with a little clan we may be able to snag her back somehow...
Wishful thinking...
We may set out a live trap...

Anyway, here is the Buck...
his name is Thumper.


And here is the doe...
she will be Blossom....
the other doe is Violet... if she comes back :-(



I added water to the duck pond and they are SO happy!!!



Three eggs for today...


I went with Lanny to get the bunnies 
so the rolls had just come out of the oven...
when we got home and had the drama of chasing a bunny (unsuccessfully) 
they were very cold.
But icing is icing and even if it didn't melt and drizzle 
I am sure they will be fine.
I kept one pan for us 
and gave Rob and Molly one pan :-)


For supper I warmed up the Sloppy Joe Sauce 
and had a little Cole Slaw left...
added a Microgreen Salad (of course) 
and it was just right!!



Thumper and Blossom are talking to each other thru the cage wire...
Someday they will marry...
Prearranged wedding :-)




Chores are done...
Ready for Jammies and Couch Time...
We didn't finish Goblet of Fire last night so we will continue with that tonight...

Mom has been much clearer minded today...
Pray for another good night for her!
...and me :-)

God bless you ALL...
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!

“Think in the morning. 
Act in the noon. 
Eat in the evening. 
Sleep in the night.” 
William Blake





1 comment:

  1. Peggy looks 100% better. Praise the Lord. Today I was thinking about Thanksgiving and how close it is and I think one of the things that I'm the most thankful for is answered prayer and the power of Prayer. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving up on the mountain

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...