Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Wednesday in the Wood... November 23

Quiet Time...

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭23‬:‭6‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Mom slept all night...
I was keeping an ear out for the freeze dryer in it's test run so I didn't sleep all that well... it finished about 1:30 and I had to unload it and turn it off...
but I'll make up for it tonight...
Mom has been awake and more like her old self :-)

Daddy was getting up as I was...


Made him a couple Sausage Biscuits to go with his coffee..


Then settled in with my pack...


Lanny came in around 4:30...


Piddled around in the kitchen until daybreak 
and then headed out to the flock...
wonder what you call a group of bunnies...
the dictionary says a colony or a fluffle...
I think I will use FLUFFLE!! :-)

So, I am heading out to my FLOCK and FLUFFLE!!!!





My FLUFFLE of Bunnies...


Prepping some peppers for the Freeze Dryer...


This is a handy gadget to core and seed the peppers...


And this gadget cuts them up in uniform chunks...
I LOVE kitchen tools!!




I threw the pepper cores out to the chickens and they went crazy...
they LOVE treats!!



I prepped the apples and froze them in the regular freezer 
and will now put them into the freeze dryer...



Made an Egg, Bacon and Bell Pepper and Onion Omelet, 
Toast and Homemade Cinnamon Roll...


Blossom is the red one cuddling 
and Violet is the one with the white neck... 
they are sisters, 6 weeks old.



This is Thumper.
He is 11 weeks old




The koi pond isn't frozen today but the fish are in their docile state. 
They do this most of the winter. I don't feed them. 
They aren't hibernating but close to it :-)



The greens are doing well.
I am experimenting with different soils, mediums and trays.
I am a scientist at heart!!


We had fried Baloney Sandwiches for lunch 
and then Lanny and I sat down for a quick rest 
before Daddy's shower nurse came...


Gabby and Penny enjoying the nice "warm" evening :-)





I pan fried some Steaks, added Dinner Fries and Microgreen Salad...
no pic... I don't know why it is SO hectic around here lately :-)

Anyway, the chores are done and I am SO ready to settle down for the evening.
However, at 6:45 we will get a call from the Freeze Dryer Tech...
brand new and already a glitch... but those things happen. 
I am sure they will take care of it...
then I will be back to freeze drying in no time!!

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...

“The day, water, sun, moon, night – 
I do not have to purchase these things with money.” 
Plautus




No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... June 28

Quiet Time...  ☀️🌻 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He ...