Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday in the Woods... November 16

Quiet Time...

“Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. 
And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, 
and I will love him and manifest myself to him.””
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭21‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Daddy got up a little after I did...
Made him a Breakfast Burrito...



Settled down with my fur kids for Bible Study...


Max looks like a statue sitting here on Mom's table in her parlor... this is my view when I am sitting on the couch :-)


Lanny joined us shortly after 4:30...



I made the bed and fed the fur kids...
they were waiting NOT so patiently for me to get to it!

I think flour is SO pretty :-)
It's bread day!


Headed out to the flock...








Ready to put in the bowl for first rise...


And it's Mom and Dad's med sorting day...


Lanny wanted to do his own work clothes today 
and he cleaned the machines a bit before he washed :-)
He is SO sweet!!!


Also, he found some good buys on beef yesterday 
so we will can it today...


He helped by cutting it up into chunks 
while I washed the jars and got the canner ready...



Ten pints at 1.5 lbs each... 
so we got 15 pounds of beef canned for less than $30!!


The men had a Cinnamon Roll for breakfast. Lanny ate earlier 
so he could get out and start on the next hutch.


First rise... nice!


Weighed in at a bit over 4 and a half pounds...



So we have 4 one pound plus loaves...


YUM!!
And you know I ate all the heels!!! 
I simply must test out each loaf that way :-)


Also Sparkley Day...


Took the berries out to the flock...




Beef is popping and sealing on the counter...


I don't often give them bread but they forage a LOT 
so a little bread is just a treat for them... they LOVE it!



Second hutch is nearly done!


So far only three eggs today...


Ross from the Rabbit Warren 
says our bunnies will be ready for their new adventure on Friday. 
Lanny still has one hutch to go... we are SO excited!


For supper I added some diced tomatoes 
to the left over Italian Ramen from Sunday 
and also had some Rolls and Microgreen Salad... YUM!!


Mom has been asleep almost all day.
I hope she is just overtired from the doctor trip yesterday.
Continue to lift her up. She is just so frail.
Doc Hayes is going to order some Home Health physical therapy for her 
to see if we can strengthen her legs.

*****

One more egg for the day...


Chores are done.
Lanny has sound duty at the church tonight 
so will leave as soon as he can.

We are waiting for a delivery of our new Freeze Dryer.
This carrier cannot come onto our property 
so we have to meet them at the bottom of the driveway 
and get the freezer and bring it up ourselves... 
I have NEVER heard of such a dumb thing... EVER!!!
Anyway, I told them if they cannot get here before 5:30 
that it will have to be tomorrow.
We bought the freeze dryer thru Home Depot 
and we have bought a gazillion things from HD 
and every single item, large or extra large 
has been brought up here to our door... 
from now on I will read the super fine print!!

Anyway, goodnight family and friends...
I will watch some Star Trek Next Generations episodes and study up on more gardening and homesteading and microgreens as I watch...
I can multitask, especially since I've now seen all the episodes several times :-)

Love to all
and 
God bless!!!

Sweet Dreams...

“Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, 
to smile, to get ready for all the battles 
that you have to fight tomorrow.” 
Allen Ginsberg




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... July 2

Quiet Time...  ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ “Will You not Yourself revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your lovingkindness, O Lord, and gr...