Saturday, December 3, 2022

Saturday on the Mountain... December 3

Quiet Time...

“Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. 
Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, 
but will have the light of life.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8‬:‭12‬ ‭ESV‬‬
*****
Mom buzzed me at 2... 
Got her back into the bed... 
so I snuggled back in between the dogs and dozed 'til 3:30...

Dad was up...
I made him a Burrito again today...
he likes them...


Settled down with the kids...
Maggie and Murph were touching under the covers...
they do that more often these days...



5:45, Microgreen time...


This tray is coming out of black out today.
Ready for some light!


Made the bed, fed the kids,
out to the wet Flock and Fluffle...


Had to put on the rain gear!


They don't mind rain...
I had a little left over popcorn from last night.


Made the men a nice Omelet: 
Eggs, Bacon, Peppers, Onions and Cheese...
and Toast for the Homemade Strawberry Jam...



Freeze dried beef strips.
I did them raw.
I will hydrate some and see how they taste.



Bread day...





Also planted another tray of Microgreens...
this will be a Radish and Broccoli mix...



The Barn Greenhouse is actually doing very well.
Lettuce is looking great.


Spinach...



Horseradish... did NOT intend for it to come up yet.


Bread has risen once and is now ready for shaping and second rise.
Four equal lumps...


Going in the warm oven for second rise...


I didn't like the way the beef hydrated. Tasted fine but a bit tough...
SO, I ground it into a powder and will use it to flavor stews, soups, gravy, etc...
These first batches are experimental anyway.
When I find what works for us I will go at it seriously!!


Second rise...
heating up the oven for the bake!


I forgot to take a picture of these lovely berries going in...
Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries and Blueberries in the Freeze Dryer...


For lunch I cut up some of the Summer Sausage and Cheese for the men...
They love it on crackers...
Mom and I ate Peanut Butter and Crackers...
I also ate some of the sausage... it is yummy!!


Bread is out of the oven and smelling up the house!
One pound loaves...


Lanny and I decided that a cold rainy day was a perfect time to take a snooze...
we haven't been napping lately because we have so much going on, 
but every now and then you just gotta do what you gotta do :-)



I took some peas out to the flock...
when I don't have anything else 
I open a can of peas or corn for them...
they love it...
but I guess they love most anything!




Thumper was begging for the peas, but I gave them their rabbit feed...
they already had some lettuce, microgreens and carrots today.


But I am sure I will take them out something yummy later today :-)



The chickens love getting up on the shelf...
I guess they like the view from "up there"...


Big Roo surveying his domain...


And crowing to beat the band!!


Lanny and Dad went to town 
and brought home some Wendy's Burgers and Fries...
No cooking for me tonight!!!

So, all the chores are done.
We are ready for showers and Jammies...

Mom has been alert today.
Perhaps we will have another good night...

Last night we watched The Nativity...
Lanny will have something wonderful picked out for tonight...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...

Isaiah 32:18
Then my people will live in a peaceful habitation,
And in secure dwellings and in undisturbed resting places;












No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒฟ “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...