Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday on Walden's Mountain... January 16

Quiet Time...

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, 
without which no man shall see the Lord:" 
Hebrews 12:14 KJV
*****
Mom slept thru the night!! She buzzed me around 5.

Dad got up around 4:30...
I made him a Breakfast Burrito...

To go with his morning coffee and meds...


Puppy Sandwich...
or Book Ends :-)


These are probably ready to harvest, just not real tall.
I am still not sure about the reusable media...





I am going to cut some lettuce for salad this evening...
it is just about spent...


Lanny's Study Buddy...


Making Cinnamon Rolls...





Ready for first rise...


Getting some cheese ready to put in the regular freezer 
and then to freeze dry.
I love the big bags of cheese at Costco 
and I get two trays from each bag.

I bought Mozzarella...


...and Mexican Blend.

I have bought this cheese for a long time but used to divide it up into smaller portions and freeze it regularly... this will store much better and much longer. 
I don't worry so much about the long term... 
we have had a few freezer fails so Freeze Dried is just better for us...


Last big chicken from the ones we processed last spring...
perhaps soon we will have our own to process... 
we plan to start that in the spring along with the rabbits...


Fits just right in my huge Instant Pot!!



Getting the fermented feed ready to take to my chickies...


I put a few cups of their feed into the jar with a little of the fermented food still in it... 
it speeds up the next batch...


It is a three day cycle...


Cinnamon Roll dough is ready to shape...



Lots of butter...

.... Cinnamon and Sugar...


Then roll it up...
I make two...
easier to handle :-)


...and cut it!


Shaped and Rising for the second time...


Lanny is helping me cut up candy to put in the Freeze Dryer...
The Milk Duds and Taffy are Yummy...


We will try some Rolo, Tootsie Rolls and Candy Corn today.
Just a few of each to test...


Out to the Flock and Fluffle...
Forgot the picture but it was around 7:30 :-)


It's hard to see her but Gabby is drinking...
she is moving her head a little better 
and I am still hopeful that she will fully recover...




Our experiment tray :-)



Rolls are ready to bake...


This is Molly and Robbie's box...
they LOVE my Cinnamon Rolls...
I will package up the rest and freeze them for future use...


Lanny is working on the chicken...
he will get it all off the bone for me and then we will put the bones back into the pot 
to cook for a couple days and make delicious, rich bone broth...
he has an audience...

Max loves chicken...



The pups do too!
All four pups and a cat...
Yes, we gave them nibbles...


Made some Deli Chicken Sandwiches for lunch...




Lanny and I rested for a few minutes...
the candy cycle was ready to finish in about 30 minutes...
The Rolo's and Tootsie Rolls did not work, but everything else was great...


Four eggs so far today!


Made some Garlic and Butter Noodles with Bell Peppers, 
Onions and some of the Chicken Lanny pulled today...


Then I decided it needed Broccoli!!
It was DELISH!!!



Oh, and Microgreen Salad and Big Biscuits too!



Chores are done...
Lanny tells me that tonight it will be Wall-E...
we are on the kid movies this week... even without Grandkids around :-)

Gabby seems to be getting better but I still have not seen her eating...
Oh, and we had one more egg today... five total.
They are picking up speed :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!

We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; 
otherwise we harden. 
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... July 6

Quiet Time...  🦋🌎 “The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all it contains, You have founded them. You have a strong...