Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... January 15

Quiet Time...

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; For in Thee do I trust: 
Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; 
For I lift up my soul unto Thee."
Psalm 143:8 KJV
*****
Mom buzzed twice...
still not bad times of the night so I was able to go right back to sleep!
Dad didn't get up until around 5:30...

Had everything ready except his Taquitos...


The pack all on the left...


And Lanny came in around 4:30...


The cheese was done and perfect!


Greens doing their thing.
I am not sure I like the reusable media as much as potting soil...


Germination is pretty good,
but lots of empty spots where the wire is puffed up...
not like soil...



Packaged up the cheese...


Brownies for todays meal...


Sparkley Day...


Cooling Brownies...


Flock and Fluffle Time...


Beautiful sky!!


Gabby came running out of the house with Penny.
She is at least moving well and her head was up...




Making Slaw for the Sloppy Joes...


Threw out some cabbage leaves for the chicks...



Slaw Dressing...


I LOVE my slaw!!


Made Dad and Lanny Fried Eggs, Sausage and Toast...



Took the Yuk Chuk Compost out to the birds...


Loading up the Freeze Dryer on Candy Mode...
Some Gummy Cola (which didn't work well)
and Nerd Clusters which DID work...


Milk Duds cut in half...


Bit O' Honey and Taffy...
they came out GREAT!!!


And Skittles, of course!!



Sloppy Joe for our Sunday Lunch...


The candy is puffing up!!


Oh, my priceless eggs :-)


We did the Sloppy Joes on my Bread today...
no buns...



Rob and Molly did not come so it was just the six of us...




The girls wallowing in the coop floor flakes...



And she did NOT lay an egg...


Thumper...
I cleaned their hutches today...
he is still using his litter box...
what a GOOD boy!!!


Blossom...


Violet in her warren...
she has made herself a tunnel in the hay :-)



Gabby getting some sun.
She is drinking and preening but I have not seen her eat :-(


I made Daddy and Lanny some Chicken Noodle Soup for their evening meal :-)
*****
Today has been a candy making day...
Skittles, Taffy, Bit O' Honey, Nerd Clusters, Milk Duds!

Mini Marshmallows, Yogurt Drops and Ice Cream Sandwich Bites...
so far...


We will be trying new things with the freeze dryer.
I am told that candy, especially, is a hot item to sell right now... we shall see!

Chores are done...
We are ready to put our jammies on and settle down on the couch...

We are going to watch Up tonight :-)
I cry for the first 15 minutes, always!!


Oh, just looked out the kitchen window and Gabby is down here near the house drinking water... first time since the hawk attack that she has not been isolated up under the old pool deck... good sign... and she is shaking her head and wagging her tail almost like normal... I SO hope she makes it...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!

“There is no failure except no longer trying.” 
– Elbert Hubbard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... October 4

Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, ...