Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... January 17

Quiet Time...

And this is the confidence that we have in Him, 
that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us: 
1 John 5:14 KJV
*****
Mom slept thru the night again!!
Dad slept in til 4:30...



Lanny slept til 4:45....


Dad, having his Sausage Biscuits and Coffee...


I started a new tray with soil... 
these just aren't doing what I want them to...


This is a new tray of Salad Blend!
in ProMix Potting Soil...



I left these two til breakfast... they looked too comfy to move :-)
then I made the bed while they ate :-)


Strained the chicken bone broth after a 24 plus hour slow cook...


6 1/2 quarts of bone broth to put in the fridge.
The fat will rise, sediment will go to the bottom and the rest will gel...
then I will freeze it in the regular freezer and then Freeze Dry!!



Lanny picked the bones out 
so that I could give the meat and skin and veggies to the chickens...
yes, they LOVE chicken!


Flock and Fluffle...




Put the frozen cheese into the freeze dryer!
It had been in the regular freezer for a day and a half...


Sparkley day...
berries for the chicks!



They love the perch...


Dad slept thru second breakfast 
so I gave him a cinnamon roll around 10 
and made them some Sliced Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches for lunch... 
then the two of them headed to Lowes for some stove pipe...


I packaged up most of the candy in vacuum sealed mylar 
but kept out some for us and visitors to nibble on... 
so far I have been the main nibbler :-)
I tell you, the Bit O'Honey is SO good...
I haven't been able to eat Bit O'Honey for many years because of dental work, 
but freeze dried it just melts in your mouth!!!


Gabby is hanging in there...


She drinks a lot and I actually saw here eating this evening...
ducks plow the ground with their bills and sift thru the mud...
she acts like her neck is a little sore (of course it is)
but I am SO glad she is eating...


Three eggs 
and another one later (when I didn't have the camera)...


I understand that this makes me a very rich woman!
:-)


My friend Wendy (thank you Wendy) told me that the Jack's frozen supreme pizza's are pretty good so we got a couple and they are indeed pretty good...
Some Microgreen Salad and Chips and you are set...
A No Cook Tuesday for me!!



Chores are done...
Tonight we are going to watch Cars....
I told you we are on the kid movies this week :-)

Mom goes for her check up and CT scan tomorrow...
lift her up in your prayers.
We are hoping (of course) that the tumors are still shrunken and not growing...
but we know that God is in control, no matter what...

Goodnight Y'all 
God bless and Sweet Dreams!

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 
― Oscar Wilde






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  🦉🍃 “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...