Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... January 21

Quiet Time...

"A man's heart deviseth his way: 
But the LORD directeth his steps." 
Proverbs 16:9 KJV
*****

Well, Momma buzzed me around 3:15...
I laid back down til 3:45 and actually had a day dream :-)

Dad was up!
 I made him a couple Biscuit Rollups 
and headed for the couch...


Had the whole gang...



Lanny came in around 4:30 to join us...


This tray gets one more day in black out...


I will harvest more of these today.
I like being able to take what I need and leave the rest growing!


Day two under weights...
another day or two and this one will go into black out...





Even tho the seed didn't get to the edges 
the ones that are growing are doing great!


We bought 4 Rotisserie Chickens at Costco 
and today we will prep them for the freeze dryer AND for bone broth... 
Lanny enjoys pulling chicken off the bone... 
thank goodness, because I don't!! :-)



Also put 4 trays of goodies into the Freeze Dryer.
Paula had cut up these Ice Cream Sandwiches...


I molded and froze jello and pudding...
I LOVE the Dinosaur shapes...
We will call them Jellosaurs :-)







It works out to be one whole chicken per Freeze Dryer tray...
Perfect!




And anytime there's chicken we have an audience!!




Four trays, lidded and going into the regular freezer to pre-freeze...


Flock and Fluffle time!



I am SO thrilled that Gabby is acting pretty much like her old self...
swimming, diving, QUACKING!! and eating!





Bunnies are happy!




A BIG bag of bones and skin that I will put in the freezer 
until I am ready to do another batch of bone broth...



Eggs, Sausage and Toast for my men...
8 AM Second Breakfast for Dad...


Sparkley Day
and berries for the birds...





Bread Day...
yes, again :-)





Ready for first rise....



Three bigger (but not gigantic) loaves instead of four...


Grilled Cheese for lunch...



Bread's Done!!
I am NOT going to eat the heels today.
I am also making some No Knead Artisan Cheese Bread 
and I want to eat the heels from it :-)


It's round so no ends...
I just slice off four small sides and YUM!!!
Cheese and Italian Seasoning...
It will go great with our supper tonight!


Out to check for eggs...
I always have to toss out some corn scratch!!

Four...
and one of them belongs to Opal!!!
Three from her this week!

Boneless Pork Ribs (done in the InstaPot),
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Mixed Veggies, 
Microgreen Salad and the Artisan Bread!!






Well, the kitchen is clean.
Pup Piles are picked up,
Chicken feed is safely stowed away...

Time to call it a day.
It's been a busy one!!

We watched "Trouble with the Curve" last night.
It's a good movie... Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake...
not a block buster but we always enjoy it.

Not sure about tonight...
as you know, Lanny is the movie director :-)
Oh, he just showed me the cover...
Secondhand Lions!!!! another favorite!!!

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!

"You are never too old to set another goal 
or to dream a new dream."
 - C.S. Lewis





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...