Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... February 4

Quiet Time...

"The fear of man bringeth a snare: 
But whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

Proverbs 29:25 KJV 

*****

Mom buzzed a couple times in the night... 
she tries not to drink a lot right before bed 
but I don't know that it matters much anymore...
 
Dad got up around 4:30 and Mom buzzed at just about the same time...
makes it a little hectic, but when I get them taken care of 
I can sit down for a few minutes straight :-)



Mitzi was making circles trying to get a comfortable spot!


Hmmmmm...


Day One into the light!!!


They are ready!! 
see how they are ALL trying to find the light at the edge!!


Day One in Black Out...



Day Two germination...


And my Baby Lettuces are going strong in only 4 days!!!



Flock and Fluffle Time...


Someone has been writing in the sky....



Penny egg!




Almost looks like a skunk right there 
but it is just Nebula and Sugar close together :-)


Their water trough is heated 
so I never have to worry about their water freezing...


Ice on the fish pond...
they don't care :-)


Making some Cinnamon Rolls in the Bread Machine...
lots going on this morning so I am cheating a bit...


Fried FARM FRESH EGGS :-)


...with Sausage and Toast (Homemade Bread)...
my men are spoiled :-)
but SO worth it!!



Rolling out for Cinnamon Rolls...
Butter, then sprinkle LOTS of brown sugar and cinnamon...


Roll 'em up and sprinkle the rest of the filling on top...
needs to rise for about an hour...


Made Grilled Cheese for lunch...



Out to check for eggs...


Two so far...


Penny is doing great...
I think she is completely healed up...
she was swimming around and the center of the pond has a thin sheet of ice... 
she couldn't figure out how to get around it for awhile... so cute... 
I had to coax her around the side...



Probably wouldn't even have to ice these... 
they are covered with sweet brown sugar and cinnamon...
but I WILL ice them before serving :-)
I just took a few over to Rob and Molly
and I DID ice them :-)


Lanny is real close to getting the awning up...



The fish do not mind the layer of ice on their pond...


I harvested this tray of Microgreens and am taking it out to the garden...
and you see who is first in line...ROO!!!
He is still stalking me from behind and often jumps on my legs
but I am just not sure if he is trying to hurt me or if he thinks I am one of his girls :-)





I got a big bag of greens from that last half tray...


Time to make a nice salad for tonights dinner!!


For Supper I opened a jar of home canned Beef and made some Gravy,
Baked a few Potatoes, made the Microgreens Salad and some Drop Biscuits...
YUM!!




Went out to put the chicken feed away and look at this treasure...
every time I went out today one of the hens was in the box so I didn't disturb her...
This makes 7 today and 43 for the week!!!
The girls are back in business!!


Chores are done,
kitchen is clean,
we both are ready to call it a day...
even Daddy said this was a LONG day :-)

I think we will start Jurassic Park tonight...
there are a bunch of them (6 to be exact) and I love the sequel movies...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Sweet Dreams!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  🦉🍃 “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...