Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... February 5

Quiet Time...

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; 
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
*****

Mom slept thru the night until around 5:30 
and Dad didn't get up until nearly 6...
Wow!



A nice long Quiet Time with my Pack...



Day 2 in the light...



Third Day Germination...


Day 2 in the light...



These little lettuce babies 
are very exciting to me :-)


Sparkley Day...
and Berries!


Also made some Laundry Detergent...
Recipe below if you want to try it.
It really saves money and it's great 
if you have allergies and sensitive skin...


Flock and Fluffle Time...


And Berries...



This is the old lady Coppertina...
she is over 7 (not sure how much over)...
slow and sometimes cranky, but we love her!
She no longer lays either, but it's OK...




I always sneak Opal a little pile of scratch behind the feed box...
the other hens just won't leave her alone...
Bullies!!!


Penny egg...



Sugar, my only solid white one.



Bunnies are doing fine...
they got some bunny feed and I will give them treats later today...




Lanny still working on the freeze dryer.
intermittent vacuum problems, like %98 of ALL the users...
he will get it fixed... :-)



Soap is gelling up and I whip it with the hand blender... 
... it is pretty enough to eat!
...like pudding...


For Breakfast it's Omelets and Toast for the Men...



Cleaned the Rabbit Hutches...



Planted another tray of Microgreens..
I am hoping to try freeze drying some to powder into a Super Green Food!!!
Easy to sprinkle on just about anything and get all the benefits with little effort!!


This is how I weight the new tray.
It still amazes me how that doesn't kill the germinating seeds 
instead of inspiring them to grow strong!


Made some Chicken Soup for Supper...
Home canned Bone Broth and Chicken...
good for what ails you!!

Also had some jumbo Biscuits!!
and Crackers...
I really MUST crumble crackers in my soup!!
and obviously all the rest of this group does too!!!


Mom is a bit sniffly and we are hoping 
she doesn't get the cold Dad and Paula had!!!
So some good old chicken soup surely will do the trick!

Took Rob and Molly some soup
because they weren't feeling great either...

And made Paula a Doggy bowl too...
we will ALL get a dose of broth!!

Chores are done...
Kitchen is clean...
As usual, it has been a day!!!
Ready for Jurassic Park #2!!!

Oh, I finally got the website up and going...
as I have said, the web and the blog are first run 
and I will probably change them a hundred times as I learn more...
Lanny wants me to add some pictures of the greens 
from sowing until harvesting,
so I will be working on that and updating as I go.
Check it out...
It is a secure site :-)


Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...