Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... February 21

Quiet Time...

"Cast me not away from Thy presence; 
And take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. 
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; 
And uphold me with Thy free Spirit." 
Psalm 51:11-12 KJV

Another one of my favorite verses...
this was after David had sinned with Bathsheba 
and Nathan had confronted him... 
he knew he needed a clean heart and restoration...
We are never far from God's forgiveness and restoration...
*****
Mom buzzed around midnight and again just about gettin' up time...
 not too bad :-) Dad was up waiting...
Two Taquitos and he was all set...

Study time with my crew!


Murph smooshing me from the right...


Maggie pushing from the left...
I love it!


You reckon these babies are ready to come out into the light!!!
They are pushing the lid off!



Yep, they're ready!



I will hopefully have plenty for orders this week!


Making Banana Bread for tomorrows deliveries...


Out to the Flock and Fluffle...

pretty nice temperature!!


I open the coop door and these two head for the water!


Penny...


And one of the white ducks...
no tellin'!





Clean water time... they love it!


Sparkley!


Tossed out the berries...
not enough for everyone so it is a free-for-all out there!!



Banana Bread...


It's Tuesday so Lanny and I don't eat 'til supper

but I made Dad some Waffles and Sausage Links for his Breakfast...


I know I have mentioned my Yuk Chuk...

This is the handiest doodad!

Fits inside the under sink cabinet door...


Holds all the kitchen scraps
 
until I am ready to take them out to the chicks.
 
There are also some compostable bags that fit so that you could fill 

and drop into your trash if you don't compost. 

Much cleaner in the kitchen trash cans.


The Chickies LOVE it!!





My sick girl Suzie... but she is much better.

Now she knows I slip her goodies when the others aren't looking

so she is underfoot along with Opal waiting for the special treatment...


Sugar is loudly wanting this nest box...

four empty ones but she wants THIS one!


Daddy visiting Mom...

That is about what it is... in separate rooms (they have never shared a room that I can remember) so it makes it hard to get together... 
Daddy cannot hear and especially can't hear Mom for some reason 
so it is just mostly visual... but it is sweet... 
he cannot stand long so the visits are short 
and Mom can't stand much at all so she doesn't go in his room...



Making some Cinnamon Roll Bread...
that is what I am going to call it if it turns out...
it is an experiment...



The hens LOVE their sandbox...
I am going to look for another one 
because only about six hens can use this at one time...





And these girls (and Bucky) figure they will sun bathe 
in the coop floor if they cannot get into the sandbox :-)


Cleaned the hutches today...
I try to do it every other day...


Elsa and Anna...
yea, from Frozen!


Lanny is working on the goat house and the chickies think if he comes in driving the MULE that he must have horse manure 
and LOTS of worms and bugs... 
not today kiddo's...
just wood for the walls...


OK, so the dough is ready to roll out and shape...
butter, raw sugar and cinnamon...


Then roll it up and put it in the pan...


I'll let it rise again and then bake...
I sure hope these turn out Yummy for you Molly :-)


Chickens are a very inquisitive critters...
they love new stuff 
and would hardly leave Lanny alone as he worked...



Made Dad and Mom a Deli Chicken Sandwich 
and Chips for Lunch...



I helped Lanny a little.
I am not as strong as I used to be 
but I can still help him move a wall :-)
Well, hold it up or help him slide it along the ground...



Four eggs so far...



These two are getting very friendly in such a short time...
Treats all the time help :-)


Made some Brownies for tonights supper...


Mom's Physical Therapy nurse was here.
This is the last one unless we need her again...
Home Health...



OK, so the loaves aren't the prettiest but I did a tiny taste (sorry Lanny, I did cheat, but just a tiny bit) and I think it's a winner. I didn't let them rise enough the second time so there were some pockets inside. Next time I will add 10 or 15 minutes to the rise time...


Brownies are cooling...


Backing out the MULE...


Another egg...


He went down to get the mail...


Isn't this sweet?
Elsa, Gabby and Penny really close together...
not sure where Anna is...
probably in the pond :-)


I went out to take Paula some of the Cinnamon Bread 
and these three were watching me leave 
like it was the end of the world...


Couldn't check for eggs...
hens were arguing over the one box...
Opal is in it so I am sure I will get a blue egg later :-)


Cutting up taters for tonights supper...


Pintos warming up...
I had canned them for quick meals...


Spinach!!


Taters frying up a storm...


So we had Pinto's and Cornbread,
Fried Taters and Spinach,
Brownies for Dessert!!




There was indeed another egg... blue.
So that makes 8 today!!

Day is done...
Chores are too :-)
We are ready for Jammie and Couch time with the Pack!
Star Trek Beyond tonight...
last of the three new ones.

Goodnight Family and Friends!
God bless us, every one!

Sweet Dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... July 7

  Quiet Time... 🌳🌿 “And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among...