Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... March 28

Quiet Time...

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; 
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me." 
Psalm 23:4 KJV
*****
I just cannot seem to sleep past my usual time...
I've been getting up at 3:45 for so long 
that my body does it
 whether it is daylight savings or standard...

Study Time...

Dad was up and settled into his routine right away
 
so I was able to sit for the hour...

I don't turn Mom's lights on until about 6:45...


Microgreen Time...

This one is ready for the light...

see the edges trying to get out from under the lid!



Different stages of growth...



The upper left will be harvested today for tomorrow's orders...

The light colored ones just came out of the dark 

and will green up very quickly...



I still have the Cinnamon Raisin and the Herb Breads to do...


Flock, Fluffle and Fins...




And the Egg Hunt...


Cinnamon Raisin...



Harvesting some greens...




And the tray for the Chicks!



Some pictures of the progress in the barnyard...


The Goat Playground (one of them)
in progress...


This is the Goat House...



Still working, so Lanny's tools and bench are in here,

but you can see the sleeping ledges...


And the Duck House...

the ducks, however, have been sleeping 

in the Chicken Coop floor...

they used to run right into their house at night 

but discovered the coop and that was it...


The Coop side of the complex...


Another duck egg...


They have a big coop and lots of roosting space...

but they still fight over positions...


Cinnamon Raisin in the oven for some rise time...


Lanny changing the oil in the Freeze Dryer...



Cinnamon Raisin is done!


Now for the Herb Bread...



Look at Max... he walks right thru the middle of the chicks 
and they don't care at all!!!




Herb bread done,,,


MAX! Did you kill the cat? HaHa!


For supper we had Buttered Noodles with Garlic, 
Shrimp and Broccoli...
AND...
the Shrimp was freeze dried!

I freeze dried it raw and then hydrated in the fridge 
for about an hour, tossed it into the hot butter and YUM!!
I like to try everything we freeze dry 
to be sure we like it before we dry a LOT of it!!!

The shrimp will definitely be one we do a LOT of!!
They were jumbo shrimp so I cut them up to go into the dish...



Mom was a little upset this evening, nervous...
 I had to give her, for the first time, a med that is for agitation and anxiety... it made her sleepy and that is good. 
She wanted her Mother...
I think she wants to go "Home"...

We are in for the evening.
Not sure what we will watch tonight.
We watched the last Terminator last night.
I hate when those sequels are over...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
Love and HUGS to you all!!

God bless
and
Sweet Dreams...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...