Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain ... April 26

Quiet Time...

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, 
and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten 
of the Father, full of grace and truth." 

John 1:14 KJV 

*****

Good mornin'!

This was at 4:30...

all three were cuddled under the second ledge :-)


Daddy was getting up 
so I went ahead and got everything together...
gave him time to get settled down...



My pack...
LOVE 'EM ALL!!!



Casey begging Dad's Burrito!
and getting some :-)


Into the Light...


Two of these will be harvested today 
for orders and for us!


I will start another tray today...
I am getting behind...
these goats are occupying my mind and my time :-)
in a mostly good way...
of course I worry about them a bit :-)



Well, this is the second week 
that I have done meds for Dad only...
Emotions are strange and it is interesting what triggers them...
I've done Mom and Dad's medicines 
for a number of years so this is hard...


Getting orders ready for today's deliveries....


Out to the Flock, Fluffle, Friskies and Fins...
and soon when the turtles are out full force I will add...
"Shells"!






Duck eggs in the usual places 
and later in the day one under the goat steps...
at least I don't have to hunt for long...


I won't let the goats out until I am finished doing a few things inside so that I can keep a better eye on them...
We are still not comfortable just letting them free range 
out here alone...


These shots are from the camera I have on them all the time...
they weren't crying and were very comfortable 
this morning in their house...






Harvesting the small tray...



...and a large tray...


...and the root trays go out to the chickens...



Made the men some Fried Duck eggs, 
Sausage Patties and Toast for Breakfast...



Then we let the goats out for the day...


I had several chores to do out there and Lanny was working on the fence...


I cleaned the hutches and gave the bunnies 
some fresh hay and filled their water bottles...
it will soon be time to start breeding them...


Momma Pepper came out for her daily food and water...
she runs around eating fast and drinking and always keeping an eye on the other hens so that no one goes into her nest box...




Eight eggs...
still safe and sound...


Caught Opal just as she laid her blue green egg...


Lanny took his lunch outside...


I made them a Deli Chicken Sandwich with Chips...


And the goats and chickens wanted some too!


Pretty Pepper...


The ducks like to cuddle up and nap...
together... often close in a pile...



The Rose of Sharon is still intact...
I guess the goats haven't found it yet :-)


Blue Bird eggs...





Sweet Baby Jane...


Willie snoozing in my lap...
He is SO adorable...
We only planned on getting two females 
but Mary Lou encouraged us to get a wethered boy
and so far I am SO glad!



Willie and Fiona...


The chickens like the goat house....




We managed to get Daddy out into the barnyard 
so he could pet the goats...
He loved it!



Goats and chickens are having NO problems...



I made Spaghetti and Toasted Herb Bread
with Salad for Supper...



Eleven eggs for today!


Well, my day is done...
except for putting the chickens to bed at dusk...
actually I watch the cameral until they all go in 
to roost and then I go out and count them 
and close the coop door...
I often have to hunt one around the yard 
(usually either Rhoda or Sugar!)

We watched American Sniper last night...
the true story of Chris Kyle...
not sure what Lanny will pick for tonight...
Oh, he just told me...
Face Off... Travolta and Cage...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless you,
and
Sleep Well!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...