Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... November 12

Quiet Time...

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: 
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". 
2 Corinthians 3:17 KJV
*****
Good Sunday Morning...
I slept ALL night!!!
Don't often do that 
so thank you for your prayers :-)

Fur Kids,
Mags and Murph...


Dad was up 
so it took me a few minutes to get all his stuff together
and Mitzi was getting bored waiting :-)

Plus, her Daddy didn't come in for a few minutes...


She is happy now!!!


Greens are happy...
I will plant a couple greens trays today
but I am out of lettuce seeds...
gotta get some so I can keep the lettuce going!!


Chicken Bone Broth going into the regular freezer
and then into the freeze dryer!!!


Today the frozen Rotisserie Chicken
is going into the Freeze Dryer!!



My little kitchen helper...
He cleans up anything that
drops on the floor...  :-)


Lazy Dog Days...


At least until I holler at them for breakfast :-)


Out to the Barnyard...
the temps are quite nice...
not too cold...
yet...











Made the men a Loaded Omelet,
Toast and Orange Slices...


I love these omelets with goodies in them,
so I always cut me off a corner and nibble :-)



SO!!
Today I am making Sourdough 
using a well established starter that my friend Angie gave me yesterday...
we shall see...


Lanny is winterizing the open end of the garden shop...
the plastic wasn't holding up because we have
SO much wind up here on this hill...


Look at these cute Blue Ducks...
their color is fading 
because the pond hasn't been treated 
with the dye for several weeks now...
plus they are molting,
so they should be back to white soon...



They look like they planned this...





This is a half and half Artisan loaf 
that I made using a recipe from Kevin and Sarah 
of Living Traditions Homestead... 
it is yummy and foolproof...


And this is the sourdough loaf 
ready to go into the oven...


OH MY!!!
I'd say this is a success...
I will let you know when I cut it 
IF it is as good as it looks!!


...It is!!!
YUMM!


Soup...
the chicken that wouldn't fit in the freeze dryer,
some of the bone broth 
and then whatever else I wanted to put in there...
mostly freeze dried stuff...


It is DELISH!!!


Cornbread, Salad...


The Artisan Bread I made earlier...
the sourdough is for sandwiches tomorrow :-)


Dessert...


Nathaniel went to a Bachelors Party 
last night so he is TIRED!!!


But he got wider awake as it got closer to dinner :-)










I think Robbie ate half that loaf of bread...
so when he left I let him take the rest...
he is a big fan of my breads!!



Nathaniel and Katie 
are putting up a big Yurt Tent
on Danny's Hill...
It is too late for me to document it
but I will get more pics of it tomorrow...




So, they will work til dark,
but I am going in to put my jammies on!!!
Tonight is the second Blade Runner...

Goodnight Family and Friends!
God Bless
and
Sweet Dreams!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...