Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday on Walden's Mountain... May 23

  Quiet Time...

๐ŸŒน☔

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”

‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬-‭4‬ 

*****

Good Morning Thursday...


We spent our usual time on the couch 
but I forgot to snap a picture...

Here is less than 24 hour germination...
it always fascinates me 
how quickly these microgreens can sprout!






The only time I crochet is while we are watching our movie...
so, these are my Movie Doilies :-)


Here is a late picture of couch time...
I always get up before the rest of the pack
and start my day :-)


Waiting for me to finish with the greens,
make our bed,
and get their breakfast!


Max is waiting too!


Sunny Radio Good Morning...


Then at daybreak,
out to the Barnyard!




Murphy is scouting today as well...







Lanny moves the wood around so the chickens can scratch
AND Maggie can see there are no vermin under there!



I think Maggie is stalking my frog...
sure hope she doesn't find it!!!


Can't see them for the reflections,
but the new fish are coming up and eating now...
doesn't take long for critters to know who has the food :-)


Lanny's Breakfast Masterpiece...


Gonna marinate some
New York Strip
Paula bought yesterday...




Baby is playing on the ball...
it is deflating, but she is enjoying it better this way...


Playing his GeeeeeeeTaaaaar....


Our "back porch"...
even tho it is inside the barn...


It is still our "porch"...


Working on some brushes I bought
to mount on the fence for the goats...
hoping they will like them to
"scratch" on...


Pups waiting for me on the "porch"...



We managed to get a few things done out here
before the downpour...


Where is my Cracker?


Then the goats ran inside
out of the rain...
along with a few chicken friends...


Lanny got caught in it
working on the road down to the back of the property...


We had left over Pizza for lunch...


And rested for 30 minutes...
we are limiting it to 30 minutes for several reasons...
we usually have things we should do
and also,
Lanny gets a headache if we "sleep" too long...
I have a hard time perking back up when I sleep too long
so 30 minutes is just about right!


Grilling the steak on our Blackstone...
I LOVE this grill!!!


We eat half and save half...
I vacuum seal the leftovers and we eat it the rest
for a later dinner ...
tastes like fresh when it's vac sealed and just warmed...


Paula picked some delicious steaks!!!
New York Strip 
and I cook them medium rare...
...they were FABULOUS!!!


Ended up with 9 eggs
(and one hen was still sitting so perhaps more)...
I think we are keeping ahead of the snakes :-)
Thanks Betsy for the recommendation
for Snake Repel Powder...
I will pick some up tomorrow and give it a try...


So, we are finished with the X-Men saga...
tonight we will start
"Pirates of the Caribbean"...

Thank you all for your prayers for James and Paula...
no bad news from James' corner
so I figure no news is good news :-)

Goodnight All...
God bless
and
Sweet Dreams!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...