Saturday, September 7, 2024

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 7

 Quiet Time...

πŸπŸ‚

“He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13‬:‭20‬ ‭NASB


“Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant and praise is becoming. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them. Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite. Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who provides rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. The Lord favors those who fear Him, those who wait for His lovingkindness.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭147‬:‭1‬, ‭3‬-‭5‬, ‭8‬, ‭11‬ ‭NASB


“Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭6‬ ‭NASB


“I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” - John 14:6

🌻🐝

*****

I took the corn out of the freeze dryer 
after I posted last night...
... it was the on sale canned corn,
not too bad... tastes fine!


Said Hi to Dandy after I posted as well...


Dominique and Angela didn't make it over last night...

we decided to plan for next weekend...

earlier in the afternoon 

(we are ready for Jammies at 6 o'clock!!)

 ... we can make a picnic

and go down to the big pond 

and wet a few bobbers...

I will keep you posted...


*****
Good Morning Saturday...

The Goats Chillin' in their Goat House...

I check them on the camera first thing every morning...

Murph was already in place...


Casey was finding him a spot...



And Mags was already pouting...


But, as usual, it was short lived...
she is under the orange one...




Study Time
with my favorite fur kids and Human :-)



Finished this one last night...
The yarn looked so pretty in the skein
but didn't work up like I thought...
but is is prettier than this photo...
I will make another one
and they will be for Sylvia and June...
it has sparkly threads in it...


Germination going on as planned :-)





I am SO anxious to see if these will indeed
be tiny lettuce heads...
"Tom Thumb"



Fed the fur kids their main breakfast...
now time for Daddy nibbles...



Out to the Barnyard...








Almost in a row :-)



Ready to come out for the day...









She is really enjoying the falling leaves!








We won't need a rake with these two...





Made some Chocolate Chip Brownies...
yes, it is cookie dough...
I think this is SO much easier than
spooning out a bunch of little cookies
on a cookie sheet...
I press the dough into the muffin cup
(Silicone, non stick)
and bake a little longer than called for
as a cookie...
Perfect size and YUM!!!


Put new foil on my burners...
They are black and were so pretty,
and I kept them as they were for several years,
but they started looking "off',
so I cover them with foil...
change it when they are soiled...
don't have to do it too often
as I am not a real messy cook...
but I DO have my moments :-)


Sharpening things...
He likes to make sparks :-)




Really nice sky...
we thought it was going to rain
there for a while,
but it didn't :-(



Cookies/Brownies are done...



Look at those legs...
straight out behind...
he lays like this all the time...


They are all pretty lazy today...


Casey is usually under the little 
island/cart in the kitchen
just in case something falls to the floor...


Or...
If I am in the craft room,
they are in here with me...


Lanny ate left overs,
I wasn't real hungry for lunch...
we ate the last of the grapes and watermelon
and then sat down for a very short snooze...
15-20 minutes...



Went out and filled all the water containers
with fresh, cool water...


Lanny brought up some more brush for the girls...



Was having so much fun I nearly forgot
Sparkly Day!!!


Lanny picking the last of the peppers,
cucumbers and tomatoes...
I think it is finished!



Made Panko Chicken Breasts, Waffle Fries
and Broccoli for supper...
YUM!



...the last haul of this season...


Gave the Girls and the Chicks
some Sparkly Berries...




*****

Well, the chores are done...

chickens are ready for bed...

but the goats did NOT want to go in...

so I will leave them out until they go in on their own,

and then I'll go out and close their gate...

I wouldn't have to but I don't want

the chickens roosting in the goat house...

they will poo in the hay...

goats do NOT like chicken poo 

in their food :-)

*****

It's been a very nice day...

cooler temps and 

Fall seems to be in the air...

literally...

the leaves are flying around all over out there...

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

I am ready for cooler weather!!!

*****

I think we are going to start the 

"Karate Kid" series tonight...

the original ones...

*****

Goodnight Family and Friends...

God Bless

and

Sweetest Dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...