Friday, September 6, 2024

Friday on Walden's Mountain... September 6

Quiet Time...

 ☀️πŸŒ™

“and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭24‬ ‭NASB


“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”

‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36‬:‭26‬ ‭NASB


“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭4‬, ‭8‬-‭10‬, ‭15‬-‭16‬ ‭NASB



“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬-‭13‬ ‭NASB


🌻🐝

*****

Good Morning Friday!

All of us LOVE Fridays...
of course, Lanny and I are retired,
so it isn't much different 
from any other day
except Sunday :-)

Rise and Shine...

it is so nice and cool this morning...

Fall is close!!



Good Morning Mister Murph!
He is in his spot,
ready to jump down beside me 
when I sit down...


... which, of course, he did...
Maggie is highly offended...


But her pouts don't last long :-)


Have I told you lately how MUCH
I love our mornings!!!
Pack Time in the morning for Bible Study
and in the evening for our Movie Time
are my two favorite times of the day!!!


"I know Miss Mags...
but I have to take care of the greens first
and make our bed...
I'll be right back!"


SOON...
we will be eating these beauties...
I am going to get more
if they are as yummy as they look!!!


Actually this is Day Two...
I said two yesterday, 
but that was day one...



LOTS of baby lettuce...
hard to see, but they are all over the media...


This is the kind I planted
and I sure hope they do this...
those little heads look delicious!!!



Progress last night...
I crocheted a little more
because I have seen the movie MANY time...
but I still watched more than I crocheted :-)


Yes, yes...
I am heading for the kitchen!!


Fed the pups
and then 
Daddy gave them a bit of his breakfast...
as usual...



Time to make Egg Muffins
for my Muffin Man!


*****

Out to the Barnyard!

It's even cooler 

than when we got up at 4:30...

NICE!!!



Lanny picked up the yard first
because I was piddling in the kitchen
getting the oyster crackers ready for the chickens...


Maggie is chomping at the bit!


This is why I take out oyster crackers...
you can hardly walk for chickens begging...


So I toss out the crackers and then
I can head for the feeder box
and the Goats!!
Without falling over chickens!!!


Egg Hunt...
we are getting 4 to 7 eggs a day now...
mostly mid morning/afternoon...
They really should be laying more,
but I think most of my Girls 
are past their prime...
I have a couple young ones 
but mostly old ladies...
We will either take what we get,
or I will have to find some young ladies
to bring into the flock...
We sure do love the fresh eggs...



She LOVES this every morning...
she roots out rabbits the wood pile, literally,
and chases them out of the yard...
they dive right thru the electric fence...






Water is a tiny bit clearer every day...
we are so thankful...
why have a fish pond
if you cannot see the beautiful fish!!!?
I think I shared that our UV light was burned out,
for probably a long time,
before we discovered it...
bought a new one
and took advice from our friend Greg
at Willow Ridge
and VOILA!!!
It's clearing up!




Muffins are done,
and smelling good!


Harvested some Microgreens for us...
for the freeze dryer...


And of course, these freeloading Ladies
get the tray...









Progress so far
on the new build construction site...
Rob and his crew are moving right along...
if you missed it,
Molly's Mom is building a house to sell...
she loves to buy and sell houses
(after she fixes them up)...
but this is a first time new build...


Max is waiting for his Daddy
to settle back for our siesta...


...so he can jump up here and join us!


Lanny cleaned up the Common Area...





Looks pretty good...
it is so dusty up here
and so windy...
so in a few hours it will be
dusty again :-)


He brought home a frog 
that actually jumped into this bucket
to escape the weed eater...



He can join my two resident frogs :-)






Made some Oriental Veggies
and thin egg noodles...
I had a bowl of
my sprouted mung beans
and some rotisserie chicken...
mixed it all together, and 
YUM!!



Dominique and Angela are coming over
for a bit with the kids...
I will take some pics and share those 
tomorrow...

*****

If it isn't too late,
I think we will watch
"Grease" tonight...
another Travolta!

*****

Goodnight Everyone!

God Bless you ALL

and

Sweet Dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...