Monday, April 12, 2021

A Day in the Life / Monday, April 12

Quiet Time....

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.”

‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-3

*****

Dad got up a bit earlier and came in for his coffee and donut, but by the time I was finished with my Quiet Time he was back in the bed...
I put his coffee in a push top thermos so he can take it to his room...



So, after I made our bed and fed the fur kids I put a big 15 pound turkey into the InstantPot... Robbie brought two big turkeys home over the holidays and I figured it was time to cook one of them...


Went out to take care of the outside chores... cool but definitely nice!


My chickens were in a "row" :-)


The usual three eggs...only they were spread out today...




Lanny was early in his shop working on some electrical for the pond...


Then he headed to the burn barrel to take care of some trash...



The pond looks and sounds pretty good!


Working on the screen door to the barn and our garden shed...



Using Rob's left over rough cut wood to do some artistic wainscoting...


He ate the turkey neck for his brunch...


Natasha gave me a lovely cookie jar that belonged to her grandmother...
a chicken, of course...


Hauling lumber in his MULE....


And Rob, Austin and James are hard at it...





Maggie is terrified of the carpenter bees... and there are a GAZILLION of them right now!



A Froggy friend....


I made him a little froggy house...


AND, I got my mealworms today!!


Lanny and Danny working on the boat's wiring...


Willie was very excited about the two eggs in that next box!!


So, the dogs followed me all day long because they smelled the turkey...
every time I went into the kitchen, they were there....



Still five little eggs...Momma and Daddy are nearby...


I ended up with five quarts of broth...
and a LOT of meat!


Robbie still hard at work!


I made some large Egg Noodles and Turkey Broth Gravy to go with the Turkey slices, Green Beans, Yams and Chocolate Cake...Yummy!!!



Dad sat out in the evening sun as Lanny put up a few more boards...
I filled the duck ponds with fresh water and put the feathered kids to bed...

I took Rob and Molly a "Doggy Box" of our supper and they are enjoying their dinner out on their deck...

Lanny and I are in our Jammies and starting the Marvel series...
Captain America!

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams
God bless the USA!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   ๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒฟ “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...