Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Day in the Life / Monday, April 20


Quiet Time....

“For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.”

‭‭Hosea‬ ‭6:6‬

*****
Babies under the blankets...


Lanny slept in a bit so Max waited in his corner...


Then Mitzi came in and waited in his corner...



So when he finally did get up he just couldn't bear to disturb them :-)
...he sat in the chair. It IS a comfortable chair...


Dad slept thru our Quiet Time, so at around 6:15 I started the morning chores...
I changed sheets, emptied the dishwasher, piddled in the kitchen and fed the fur kids... then I headed outside...

I sure do LOVE the mornings up here...



Three duck eggs, as usual...


Lanny started pretty early on the benches...


It was a bit chilly...the fish seemed to be cuddling :-)



Best Buds and fiesty playmates!


Lanny burns the wood first with his little torch thingy, and then he cleans it with some paint thinner (I think), and THEN he coats it with clear urethane...gorgeous grain!


We ran down to the Co-op and grabbed five Leyland Cypress trees (I will show a picture of those tomorrow when he plants them)...

Coming up the driveway...
Paula's garden...


Willie was doing his Rooster thing!



I love being up here on the farm with my family...Lanny was hard at work on the benches, I was planting stuff, Paula is making teepee's for her beans and Rob and James were hard at work in Robbie's and Molly's house...



I made Ramen for lunch and added the left over veggies from a couple days ago...you sure can make some delicious ad libs starting with Ramen!!


Molly was hard at work in their new bedroom...I sure wish I could sit criss cross applesauce like she does!


Danny came up, so Lanny left his pond work and went out to work on the boat...


Paula got a hammock stand and tried out her hammock...


Then she came over to try out mine (she may get another hammock that isn't quite so stretchy)...


For Supper I made Pizza's using some left over hamburger buns...you would not believe how delicious they are...sauce, sautéed onions, mushrooms and bell peppers, mozzarella cheese and a bit of fried sausage, topped with pepperoni...DELICIOUS!
...add a salad using your own lettuce fresh out of the garden drizzled with bacon grease and bits of bacon... cannot be beat!!



It was a busy day and after putting the ducks and chicks to bed, and while Lanny showered, I went out to the common area to find Mom and Molly singing...Mom was helping Molly sing alto...Paula joined us, and Mom, Paula and I did a bit of trio singing for Molly...it was so fun. We will have to do that more often!

We will have some popcorn, watch Thor 2 and cuddle with the fur kids...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless us, every one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  🦉🍃 “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...