Sunday, April 18, 2021

A Day in the Life / Sunday, April 18

Quiet Time....

“Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:24

*****
Had our little fur crew (Mags and Murph under the blanket) for our study time...


...and Max on the back of the couch...


Dad didn't get up... I made our bed and did some prep for our Sunday Lunch...made tea, took a cake out of the freezer, put the Sloppy Joes in the crock pot, and fed the fur kids...

Then I headed out to the chicks and ducks....



The usual gift of three duck eggs...



Max is just sure that this is his chair...


The meal worms are doing great!
It will take 2 to 3 months for the cycle to be complete...worms, larvae, beetles, eggs, worms, larvae.... then my chicks and ducks will have the BEST treats!


It's Sunday, so I had to take care of the chores quickly so I could wash my hair and get ready for church...
This is the view from the big bay doors as I headed out for church at 8...


Saw my buddies the Shetlands...


And my bull buddies...Tuck, Oreo and Buffalo Bill...
Tuck is the little fella in front of the tree...compared to Oreo the BIG bull he is really small...but don't tell him that!


And Calvary's steeple as I came around the corner...


We started Ensemble practice at 8:30 and then headed up to the classroom for Sunday School at 9:45... we had our two regulars, Addy and Mac...


Worship service starts at 11 and we had a nice crowd...we are still practicing our social distancing so the seating is scattered and every other pew is blocked off...


...this is my greeting when I get home... :-)
It's so good to know you are loved!


We had Sloppy Joes and ColeSlaw and chips...



Oh no! She's dead!
Just kidding...Bossy LOVES to sun on the rubber mat. It is warm...


In addition to my three duck eggs I was gifted with two chicken eggs...
Bossy lays the white egg so I guess she was resting from her labor in the photo above :-)


Maggie is still fretting over the carpenter bees but will sit with me on the swing...


My wisteria is budding out! I am so excited. Planted a stick last year...it is a Blue Moon Wisteria, so not aggressive and should bloom 3 to 4 times per year. Cannot wait to see if that is true!


AND, the grape we planted is actually getting some growth on it...


Belle and Logan said they were coming up so I went out to walk in the sun to wait for them...the horses were out...


Dandy came in close for a nose rub...I LOVE to feel his soft nose...



Belle was showing Logan her baby albums...


Paula and Shelly were brushing the horses in the field beside the corral...the horses think they are getting a treat so don't mind the brushing so much...


Belle and Logan had a nice visit and after they left I went out back to put the chicks and ducks to bed...


The chicken and the ducks go to bed at night with no trouble at all... I love the little "ducks in a row"...


Max thought he might get to go for a ride....


Momma bluebird is still sitting...


My fur kids sunbathing...


Max likes to play in the water when I am filling the duck ponds...


So, Lanny is back at church...I am sitting here in my jammies finishing this post...
I fed Mom and Dad some leftover Chili Mac (Lanny and I can get by on a snack on Sunday evenings after a big lunch, but Mom and Dad are old school...three meals...).

So, he will get home around 7:30 and we may start a movie...I think tonight will be Iron Man 3 in the Marvel series...

We will have popcorn from the snack bar :-) ...and maybe some ice cream cones....

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams and God bless...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...