Thursday, April 22, 2021

A Day in the Life / Thursday, April 22

Quiet Time....

“The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭24:1

*****

Well, not only is it freezing... it's 28 and has been for a while...
goodbye tomato plants and cucumbers...


Mags and Murphy always get their spot!!


And Max always get's his :-)



Dad was up when I got up at 4...said he hadn't slept all night...
I got his thermos pot and cup and donut and he headed back to his room...

At 6:15 I finished up my Devotion time and went in to take care of his meds and bed..
...made our bed and emptied the dishwasher...

Headed out to open up the chick and duck house...it was COLD!


They don't mind...I chipped the ice off the water bucket and ponds and they were fine...

And, voila! three eggs...





I made Daddy and Lanny some oatmeal and toast for breakfast...


...and Mom just wanted toast...


The fur kids were worn out...
or is it just "A Dog's Life"? ;-)


I put 5 pounds of soaked pintos in the Instant Pot for tonights supper (and enough left overs for another meal)...

Lanny mowed down the hill at the mailbox and up the drive and came in for lunch...
He and Dad ate some Egg Salad and Crackers...


Lanny and I drove to Fox Toyota after lunch to pick up our keyless key thingy...we only had one and it was a big problem if it was in someones pocket when the other needed to drive the car :-)

So now we both have a key and that will not happen again. 

For supper we had Pintos, Fried Potatoes, Swiss chard, Boiled Eggs, Cornbread and Applesauce for Dessert... my favorite meal to overeat!!




Lanny is working a little on his mower...a broken cable or something. 
I put the chicks and ducks to bed.

Yes, the tomatoes and cucumbers are gone...
the seedlings seem to be ok...the kale, spinach, radish, beets...


...and the lettuce made it...


And look what we have!
Baby Bluebirds!


Also, my hens blessed us with three eggs today as well...
one of my Maran's laid a very odd colored egg...
almost a pink!


*****

I am cleaned up and in my jammies and finishing this post...
Lanny just walked in and will shower before we sit down to Avengers: Age of Ultron, next in the Marvel series.

Popcorn and Ice Cream Sundae are on the snack menu for tonight...

Goodnight Ya'll...
Sweet Dreams...

God bless America!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...