Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A Day in the Life / Wednesday, April 21

Quiet time....

“Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:3

*****
Blanket Buddies...
Maggie and Murphy, of course...


And Max in his customary spot...


Mom and Dad's Meds day... 


Dad got up early but took his thermos and donut to his room...
At 6:00 I went back and made his bed, got his water and meds and made our bed...
fed the fur kids and made Dad and Lanny some eggs and toast for breakfast...


Took care of the chickens and ducks and sure as shootin'! Three duck eggs...


Bread making day...
first rise...


Made some fresh hummer food...sugar water...
I've had hummers all winter and one was looking at me thru the kitchen window...
the feeder was low!


Lanny already hard at work...multi tasking...
burning trash and hauling wood chips...


Shaping the loaves for second rise...




His handiwork!


Mowing...


Ready to bake...


The temperature is dropping...


I cooked up the greens (kale and spinach) and the cabbages that I received from MisFits yesterday...and by the way... because I received some sub par produce (FedEx delayed shipment - five days in transit), MisFits refunded my money for this order. Excellent customer service! And the sweet lady said that Fed Ex would be notified and it would not happen again. Anyway, I cooked them up and I think they will be just fine...


Bread smelling up the kitchen...


I prepped the Brussel Sprouts from my MisFits order to roast for dinner tonight...


Olive oil, salt and pepper and YUM!!


I LOVE the smell of freshly baked bread...


Lanny is still shoveling mulch...
and burning trash...


I ended up with three quarts of cabbage and three quarts of greens...


I freeze the bread in half loaves...actually frozen and thawed homemade bread is excellent... 
soft and moist. 


I boiled up some duck eggs and made Egg Salad for lunch...



Looked out the kitchen window and saw a towhee and cardinal...two of my favorites...


Ran down the hill to get Sadie at 1:30...




Passed Tuck and Oreo on our way home...


Lanny was out planting the Leyland Cypress... we bought five to go along the back fence behind the pool to hide the view of the big barn...


Roasting the Brussel Sprouts...


Sadie built another Lego box and MeMaw and PawPaw were admiring it...



Sadie and I picked up some fried chicken from Food City so we had that, the Roasted Sprouts, Dinner Fries and Mac and Cheese for dinner...



We were finished with dinner...Maggie does NOT sit in laps while we eat :-)


After supper Lanny and I ran out to try to cover up the garden and other plants...we will hope that the low temp is here and gone quick tomorrow morning...I sure would hate to have to replant that stuff... everything is coming up so nicely...



Sadie is gone, Papaw is showering, the chicks and ducks are in bed and we are going to watch Guardians of the Galaxy (the next Marvel installment).
I am sure we will have popcorn and who knows what else :-)

It's been a busy day...most of it I spent in the kitchen. But I DO love cooking!

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...