Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A Day in the Life / Wednesday, April 14

Quiet Time....

“But the greatest among you shall be your servant.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:11‬

*****
I love early morning...I usually get up about 4:10 or so...I can get Dad's thermos of coffee made and his cup and donut ready in case he gets up and comes in before my study time is over...It is so sweet to sit here with my "Bible" (I use my iPad for my Bible and devotional readings), my fur kids (Maggie and Murphy are under the two blankets) and my Honey when he comes in a little later... I love a real, paper page Bible, but I read so many other devotional and study readings that before the digital age I had a tall stack of books on the end table...I was SO thrilled when I could have everything in ONE place... that is why I do my Debbie's Corner Blog...so you too can have a big selection of devotionals all in one place... if you want to check it out, here is the link...


Max joined us when his Daddy sat down...


Dad slept in so I made our bed and straightened up here and there and then fed the fur kids...

...then outside at sunrise...


My trusty little duck egg layers... later in the morning I was gifted with three chicken eggs as well...


Here is my little garden from the other direction...


All my little feathered children...


Not too cold...


It's meds day...I am getting to be a nurse :-) . I have to administer and order medicines for Mom and Dad, make sure they are all in the right order... Mom is still pretty independent but Dad needs a bit more care...with his neuropathy his legs and feet are a big issue...I have to make sure he doesn't get sores and if he does it could be serious, so I get to do dressings and all kinds of medical stuff... I kinda enjoy it, and especially since it is for my Mom and Dad...you gotta figure that they devoted a LOT of years to my care so a few years caring for them is a pleasure and blessing...


Oh, my mealworms are doing great! They eat the oatmeal and wheat bran but the carrots or potato are for their hydration (mealworm beverage :-))...well, these guys are very thirsty. They can completely dispose of three or four baby carrots in a matter of hours!

This is this morning...I put several carrots in last night and they are GONE!!


I put in a potato slice...


...and in just a few minutes...


My boys sure do good work...they are screening the Living Room area...



Lanny working on trash detail...


...and I get to feed carrots to the horses... 
their noses are SO soft...





Paula's half barrel garden...



I heard a ruckus in the back barnyard and all the girls were hollering to announce Bossy's egg...





Lanny went down pretty early to start mowing the lower 40... poor fella...he HATES mowing...that is a joke! He LOVES it!!


Fed Daddy and Lanny some soup and Mom a Turkey sandwich for lunch... of course they had a canine audience...


Murphy loves to lay in the mulch...with his wiry hair he brings in bits and pieces...the other dogs are smooth so no problem... but Murphy is a mess!! A sweet mess :-)


Lanny and I ran down the hill after lunch to pick Sadie up at the bus stop...

Rob is working on closet shelves...he is in the middle of a dozen projects over there!! but he can handle it!



Sadie drove Papaw all over the farm... she took the steep hills going up, coming down, running all around... she drives like a pro!



We had Spaghetti and Salad for Dinner with Chocolate Cake and Applesauce for Dessert...



Sadie's favorite spot in the horse barn...


Well, unless it's here :-)


Shelby picked her up at 5:30...

We have finished all the evening chores...Puppy Potty disposed of, chicks and ducks snug in bed...

Lanny is putting in Iron Man 2 as I finish this post...

Popcorn is in our future...

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...