Saturday, January 15, 2022

Saturday in the Hills... January 15

Quiet Time...

“for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:7

*****

Dad was still in the bed... he got up around 4:30... I had everything ready for him except warming up his Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant :-)



Bibie Study Buddies :-)


At 6 I made our bed, fed the fur kids, decanted the Water Kefir and started the next batch...


Mom and I drink milk Kefir every morning so I decant it as well and start the next days batch. I am using organic store bought milk right now because my raw milk source has dried up (literally :-))... hopefully this spring I can get our Nigerian goats and have fresh raw milk again...


Mom usually gets up around 7:30. She gets her own coffee and takes care of her morning ablutions :-).
 I do a few things for her but she is still pretty self sufficient.

At day break I headed out to the chickens and ducks...



My sweet arthritic Raven... she doesn't seem to be in pain, just cannot walk very well... she still eats and gets up on the roost every night...



Hopefully the higher protein will help the other duck gal start laying again...
We LOVE duck eggs!!


Making bread for the week...
I do the main hard mix and knead in the Bosch.. 
my hands just cannot handle it anymore...


This machine is 15 years old... I had to order a new lid and the mixer arms, but the machine works like new... I use it a LOT!!! A great investment.



I knead a bit more and then put it in the bowl for first rise...





Rising nicely!!


Lanny is still working on cleaning out the brush and weeds where he is installing the fence... we are SO excited to be able to let the chicks and ducks out again...


The fish pond does not freeze (I keep a heater in it that only comes on if the water goes below 45... they still stay very docile and don't eat, but I don't have to deal with frozen water...




Nice rise... ready for shaping...


These make a nice round loaf, one pound each, and a good toast or sandwich size.


Lanny is working on the gate from my herb garden so I can go directly into the chicken yard without turning off the fence...





Paula is going to use the white fencing for some projects she has going...
Waste no, want not!


The Pup Pack doing what pups do!


Hauling off the white fencing in the MULE...



Ready to go into the oven...



YUM!!
I always cut off the very ends (4 of them), slather on some butter and eat it warm...
OH MY!!


Made Tuna Sandwiches for lunch...



Then Lanny and I, the fur kids and even Max (up on his cat tree...can you see him?) settled down for a little afternoon snooze...


After our little nap Lanny headed out to continue on the fence.


Paula helped him put up the electric fence around the new perimeter... I was cooking supper...



Max is keeping an eye on the work...






Made Chicken Nuggets, Normandy Veggies, Yams, Beets, nice soft Homemade Bread :-) and Pudding for Dessert...



The dishes are washed, the kitchen is clean, the yard is cleared of all the puppy landmines :-)

I am in my Jammies and waiting for Lanny to get out of the shower...
We will watch more of the Fellowship of the Ring...as I told you, it often takes us several nights per movie. We cannot help it. We are Early to Bed, Early to Rise People :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless us, Every One...
Sweet Dreams













No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... June 30

Quiet Time...  🌿🌺 “For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a fut...