Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday on the Mountain... February 5

Quiet Time...

“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, 
but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13:20

*****
Dad was still in the bed... 
I got his meds and coffee ready and sat down to start my reading...


Max came up and sat with us... he picks new places now and then...



The Lewis Pack in Bible Study...


Dad got up around 4:30 so I took care of him and settled back down until 6.
Fed the fur kids and did some straightening up in our closet and bedroom, 
then headed out at break of day...



The fish were laying perfectly still in the water... the heater keeps the water just above freezing so they are not totally dormant but are very near it....


Anxiously waiting to come out...



One duck egg...



A little later in the morning Bucky was IN the nest box making sweet little noises... 
I think to interest Coconut into coming in...


Which she did... then he came out..


...and continued to coo and cluck at her... I guess he is encouraging her to lay...
we will check the box in a little while :-)


The Lewis dog's are working HARD at their job...


Made Dad and Lanny some Waffles and Sausage for Second Breakfast at 8...



Making bread...



In the proofing oven for first rise...


My small remaining flock at the kitchen gate... I am SO glad to get this view back...


Out my kitchen window.... Lanny moved the electric fence to the corner of the barn so I have the full yard for their run... LOVE IT!!




Coconut is digging IN the duck house... 
I don't know how long the ducks will put up with it...
and Bucky is supervising...


She already laid her egg for the day...
IN the nest box in the coop...
Crazy Chickens!




Bucky likes big women :-) 
She is twice his size!


Out of the proofing oven and ready to shape for second rise...


Back in to proof for another hour...


You see the pet door on the left... Max has no trouble going in and out of it, but he will always try to get let in thru the big door first... He knocks! He pulls the screen door with his claws and bangs it to get our attention... Lazy cat!!


Mix of duck and chicken eggs... I can't wait to have some Easter Eggers...
come spring I will get some young hens or some chicks...


Sorry, but aren't these just the cutest fur babies?





Bread has risen and is now ready for the oven...


I made Tuna for lunch... Max smelled it!


So did Maggie...


Ate Tuna Sandwiches for lunch...
on buns... the bread wasn't done yet...


Bread is out of the oven...
I LOVE the smell of freshly baked bread!
Even tho I had just eaten lunch I cut the ends off (after it cooled a bit) 
and slathered them with butter!
YUM!!


We sat down for a few minutes to take a Saturday afternoon siesta...


Lanny is putting up some gutters off the porch roof... 


... then we will put our rain barrel there for the run off...
it's been sitting out in the yard for two years waiting for a gutter :-)



For supper we had Beef Filet Strips and Onions, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans, leftover Garlic Potatoes and Spinach Casserole and Panettone Bread for Dessert...



Lanny picked up the puppy piles while I cleaned up the kitchen...
I went out and put the chicks and ducks to bed...
Then we ran down the hill in the MULE to get the mail...

Paula working in the Stalls...


Cold but gorgeous!!





Back home... in my Jammies waiting for Lanny to shower.
We will watch Mummy 3 tonight...

Goodnight Precious Family and Friends...
We love you!!

God bless and Sweet Dreams!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...