Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Lords' Day in the Hills... February 13

Quiet Time...

 “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:12

*****

A treat for you...
Our youngest GrandDaughter Sadie Grace, ready for Valentines Day...


...and our only GreatGrand, Sylvia Faye, ready for ANYTHING!!!
She got new glasses recently and she is so proud of them!!


*****

Dad got up about 4:30... I took care of him and sat back down with my pack...


At 6 I made the bed, fed the fur kids, decanted my milk kefir's 
and cleaned the bathroom... fun!
Then right at daybreak I took the dogs out with me to take care of the feathered kids...
I enjoy watching them get so excited!!
They trail around sniffing everything... you'd think they were hounds :-)


The ducks were squawking in the duck house 
and the dogs weren't too sure about that!



My little treasure. I sure wish I knew which girl was laying...



Again, no comment or description needed...


Lanny had already left for church so he didn't get Second Breakfast.
I made Daddy waffles with syrup, and Mom ate a waffle with butter and jelly,
kinda like toast...


I made some slaw... I LOVE my food processor.
If I had grated the cabbage it would have taken forever, 
not to mention the possibility of an injured knuckle :-) 
It only takes a few pulses to have perfect grated cabbage for perfect slaw.
Add homemade dressing and VOILA!!!


Gotta have slaw for Sloppy Joes! :-)
A favorite around here for Sunday lunch.



Nathaniel and Katie were on their way to Nashville 
to catch their flight tomorrow morning to Costa Rica.
They will spend the night with Kyra and then head to the airport very early.
We are so happy for them and they are excited to start this new adventure.

They will be there four months getting their diving certifications, working and getting experience. Add that to Nathaniels' Captains License and their resume is getting pretty impressive. They will travel around the country in their tiny home on wheels and work at resorts along the way. Smart kiddo's!!

Lanny and I did get a little snooze before he had to head back to the church...

Then I took the pups out in the "back" to check the nest boxes...
Coconut is definitely on a roll!!
I love the pinkish tan color of her eggs...


I put the chicks and ducks to bed.
I'm making some chicken noodle soup for Mom and Dad for "supper"...
Then I will get my jammies on and watch a couple old Star Trek episodes til Lanny gets home...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless you ALL!!
Sweet Dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...