Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday on the Farm... March 11

Quiet Time...
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, 
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:7
*****
Dad was up. 
I took him his inhaler, meds, thermos and cup,
put on his comfy socks (he loves his socks) 
and made him two mini Sausage Biscuits.

Then settled in for a long Quiet Time...
with my usual Pack!


Mitzi...


And a sleepy, yawning Max excluded :-)


Made the bed at 6, fed my fur kids, decanted kefir, and other misc. chores...
then headed out for my sunrise farm duties :-) .....


I sure do love seeing a nice flock of ladies again...
and Bucky is just thrilled to have such lovely ladies around :-)


Gabby and Penny are both contributing lately!!


I made a Braided Cinnamon Butter Bread for "Second Breakfast" this morning...
We bought it from one of Sadie's fundraisers. It was quite good...
Then Lanny and I headed down to the CoOp 
for some scratch grains and wild bird seed.

Lazy bones! ... all four!


Sorry for the lack of pictures... this day has moved so fast because we have been in and out putting some plastic around the side of the coop where the babies are stationed, and working on the duck pond... my hands are usually dirty so I don't bother putting them in my pocket to get the phone...

For lunch I made Tuna Sandwiches and Lanny and I did manage a nice little siesta before heading outside again...


Max even joined us! Well, Max snuggled in his Daddy's lap :-)


Two more eggs... Pearl White and Coconut...
there was a broken yolk under one of the roosts.
I don't know if they ate the shell or if it was just a soft one.
It could have been one of my old ladies...


I expanded the chick area just a tad...
I am going to try to leave them in here for about a week...



Lanny caught Sugar after she laid her egg...

...brought it in to me while it was still so warm...
I LOVE chickens...
Oh, did I tell you that already :-)
Seven eggs today, plus a broken one :-(


Camelia....



Crazy ladies... they love to dust bathe IN the duck house sawdust!!


Resting between shoveling...


The pond is coming along...


More dust bathing...


These two will be SO happy to have a big pond...
and I hope to get a couple more ducks soon...


For supper we had Chili and Rice and Cornbread...
Rob joined us again... Molly will be home this evening.
She is caring for an elderly aunt several days a week.



Here ya go Kathy...
Robbie is sporting his Alabama shirt ;-)


Oh, getting the chickens and ducks to bed last night was no problem... I did chase a few ladies around the yard but mostly there was no drama... 
Having the chicks in their own enclosure sure helps :-)

Well, tonight is the last Marvel...
The Endgame...
I don't like how it ends :-( but it's a good one...
I always hate ending one of our series. 
Marvel takes us several weeks :-)

Goodnight Family and Friends...
We love you and appreciate your prayers so much.
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...