Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday on the Farm... March 19

Quiet Time...

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭46:1‬ 

*****

Dad was up...


Took him his morning goodies...
and a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit...


Quiet Time with these lazy fur kids :-)


Mitzi didn't join us today...
she stayed on her futon...


Max had to be removed :-) at 6...


Mitzi doesn't like the commotion when I make the bed 
so she went in to sit by her Daddy til breakfast time...


After I fed the fur kids I made some Hummus...


But I had to transfer it into the bigger processor... 
I must have had a few more chickpeas in this batch than I thought...
it really blends better in the big one anyway...


Some for us and some for Robbie :-)
He loves my Garlic Hummus!


Warm soaked/fermented oats for the feathered kids...


Two perfect (non broken) duck eggs today :-)


The babies are getting pretty big!


Made my men some Eggs, Sausage and Toast 
for Second Breakfast...




Hurried back out to mess with these cute little fluffy butts...
I took their little corral out so they could start exploring...


And Lanny cut out the bottom of the door so we can put a "chicken" door there. 
Easier for them to maneuver instead of having to go around the big door 
when it's open.


They are exploring everything!!


They discovered the roost...


Popcorn, Sugar, Coconut and Goldie...


Introducing the flock...
This is Coconut...


Goldie...


Gabby...


Sugar (her comb stands up)...


Willow...


Popcorn (her comb falls over)...


Bucky!


Penny...


Coppertina laid an egg... she's my old gal!


Coppertina...


Raven... she is my arthritic lady.
She walks like she is dragging her behind :-)
but she gets around fine. She has been this way for a year!
She kinda waddles...


I haven't named the babies yet 
because I want to observe their personalities a little before I do...

They discovered the high roost!
The big kids love the high roost...
there may be some drama tonight!



Lanny put up an even higher roost on the other side of the coop...
Perhaps the big kids will like it better :-)
It may be too high for a few of them but that will at least make some room 
on the other one if they let the babies come up... 
we shall see...I may have to corral them again...


Well, the pond is obviously a success with not only the ducks 
but the local amphibians...
please excuse the risqué photo :-)


For supper I made some Chili Mac and Crescent Rolls...
One of those "I don't feel like cooking" meals :-)
Quick but good!



Kitchen is clean. Pup Piles are removed...

I put the little chicklets back into their enclosure 
because Bucky was feeling way too amorous.....
Hopefully no drama tonight11

I will put the big kids to bed at dusk.

Last night we watched Book of Eli... we are starting our Denzel Washington series... 
tonight we will watch Inside Man.

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...