Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Lords' Day on the Farm... March 13

Quiet Time...

“Therefore you are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, and there is no God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.”

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭7:22‬ ‭

*****
Dad was up... 
Took him his inhaler, meds, coffee and two little Chicken Biscuits...
he was happy...


So I sat down with Maggie and Murphy til Lanny came in...
It was COLD this morning... I even had to be under a blanky...


Max joined his Daddy...
those look like evil eyes but they are his LOVE eyes :-)


At 6 I made our bed.
Max was NOT in it today... he was with us on the couch :-)

*****

Fed the fur kids...
Maggie and Casey have to have maze bowls because they inhale their food!


Went out at first light... 
later time wise this morning than yesterday but we will all settle in to it...

The chicks were fine... on the camera I noticed 
that they had been up and down all night eating...
I won't leave their food and water in the enclosure tonight 
because I am sure that disrupted the big kids sleep :-)

The big kids were a little slow coming out...
Can't blame them... it was 15 degrees!!
I do a deep litter on the coop floor so the coop stays warmer that the outside temp.
Plus the body heat from all these hot chicks raises it a bit. 
The thermometer said about 10 degrees, and every little bit helps....


They ventured out for corn!
I also tempted them with warm oatmeal and rice...


Sugar decided she might sit on the ducks eggs, 
but Penny wasn't happy about that!


Two treasures!


Made Dad, Mom and Lanny some biscuits and gravy...


This is how I make quick biscuits (haha)...
Jumbo canned biscuits in the waffle iron.
Takes only a few minutes and...


Voila! 
Dad and Lanny said they like them because the gravy fills all the holes :-)


I got this four waffle iron thru Walmart online.
My old one was only two...


You may think I'm crazy but I often just turn on the chicken cams and listen to my feathered kids chatter... now I can hear the new ladies peeping (they are still just youngsters...teenagers)... I love the sound... even my Black Maran Granny complaining about something!


What dogs do best on a cold morning...


Made my "Freezer Soup"... 
frozen leftovers, whatever they are, all together in a big pot...
haven't had a bad pot yet and it's been years and years...
I used to call it "everything but the kitchen sink" soup 
but that confused some of the grands :-)


Brownies baking....


Sunday After Church Dinner...
Soup, Cornbread and Brownies...
This will start being our new Family Dinner time instead of Tuesdays.
Next Sunday James and Tasha will join us!!!


Had to take one from the other end to highlight the brownies :-)
They are sweet and salty... I crumble potato chips in the batter and on top.
You'd be surprised... they are YUMMY!!



Mom says I never get in a picture...
she is right :-)
So Paula took one of me and my honey!!


You know what happens after lunch :-)
Siesta Time!!


We rested about an hour and then it's time to feed the fur kids...
Maggie has her private spot in the kitchen...


Max usually eats up on his table in his Daddy's office but for some reason he wanted to sit right here by the piano and not move til I sat his bowl down...
Whatever!


The other three just mind their own business and can eat peacefully 
in the same galaxy :-)


My black Maran was in the nest box for a long time and I didn't want to bother her...
when she finally got out this is what I found.


She had been working hard on that dark brown egg.
She is an old granny and had not laid an egg since last summer.
She has laid two since we brought in the new ladies last week.
She is inspired!
I got 8 eggs today... 2 from the ducks,
these five and the other pearl white by itself in the other nest...


I am SO happy to be getting eggs again,
not to mention gorgeous colored ones!!!

When my 6 new ladies start laying I will have to take a basket with me when I collect eggs, not just my pockets :-) The new ladies should lay green and blue eggs (they are Easter Eggers)... they are now about 12 weeks old and may start laying as early as 18 weeks...

Just had to throw in a few pictures of the Great Grand Sylvia Faye!
Snow Day :-)




I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing more than three hens...
I sure missed the mix of lovely ladies!!


I dumped my kitchen compost bin...
they LOVE kitchen scraps!!



Made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Potato Chips 
for Mom and Dad for "Supper"...
they had the usual audience :-)


I am ready to put on my jammies 
and watch a couple Star Trek episodes til Lanny gets home from church.
He should be home by 7:30... we may start a movie, or maybe not...

Mom starts her radiation treatments tomorrow... 5 days a week for three weeks...
Dr. Navo thinks he may be able to zap the two spots into oblivion, 
leaving only a bit of scar tissue.
That would be wonderful... God's will is all we ask.
Pray for her to be comfortable... no worries :-)

God bless us Every One...
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!
















Out of Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...